Review by onixpam -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by onixpam -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

Post by onixpam »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you are looking for a thriller book packed with mystery and romance, so this book is for you. The Girl Who Knew da Vinci, written by Bell Amy, is the first book of the “Out of Time Thriller Series.”

The story takes place in three different time periods starting in Florence in 1944 when the Nazis were bombing and destroying the city. Gerhard Jaeger, a German officer, and Sofia Caro, an Italian girl who was working at the Uffizi Gallery, took the da Vinci’s painting from the gallery to save it. They loved each other profoundly.

The second story takes place in 2018 where Angela Renatus, an intern at the Getty Museum, works with Dr. Alberto Scordato, the director of the museum. Dream and nightmares about a past life are haunting Angela where she is a close friend of Leonardo da Vinci (Italy - 1475). She meets a handsome detective named Alex Caine who specializes in retrieving stolen art, and he is working on the search of the lost da Vinci’s painting.

In her dreams, Angela finds out that she was Fioretta Gorini in a past life and she was profoundly in love with Giuliano de Medici. Maybe her past life would be the key to find the lost da Vinci’s painting. Is she able to control her dreams? She and Alex can find the lost painting? Does the portrait even exist? Are their lives at risk? Well, you will have to find out with them.

The story is fast-paced, and the writing is easy to follow and understand. The descriptions are superb, and sometimes I thought I was watching a movie instead of reading a book. The characters are relatable, and there is a few of them. The background of the characters is well described and gives a good reference from each one. You will find some words and phrases written in Italian, but this is not something that will deviate your attention, and it adds some mysticism to the story.

The book has twenty-three chapters where everyone is well-defined and divided by years and places. As I was getting close to the end of the book, I started to feel some nostalgia because I did not want to finish it. It was good, and I am going to miss Angela and Alex.

I am not a romance reader, but this book has the exact dose of romance without going to deep on it, and without deviating the attention to other subjects. As I say Bell Amy is an excellent writer, and on her book, I found a unique plot and the perfect imagery. I am sure I am going to read the upcoming books. By the end of the book, you are going to love the main characters and hate the bad guys.

Because of the abovementioned, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I barely found some typos or grammar errors, and I enjoyed this book from start to finish. I recommend this book for all thriller, mystery and supernatural readers. This book is only for an adult audience because it has some erotic and violent scenes. If you have the chance to read this book, you are not going to regret it.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like onixpam's review? Post a comment saying so!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

This book can also be put in a romance genre. No doubt, imagery is perfect. Thanks for this nice review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
samiam013
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samiam013.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by samiam013 »

I just finished reading this book myself and you described it perfectly. It really is a "thriller packed with mystery and romance". Thanks for the wonderful review. :D
"Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything". (Plato) :reading-7:

Smiles are contagious! Infect someone today! :D
onixpam
Currently Reading:

Post by onixpam »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 09:33 This book can also be put in a romance genre. No doubt, imagery is perfect. Thanks for this nice review.
Thanks for your comments!
onixpam
Currently Reading:

Post by onixpam »

samiam013 wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 12:03 I just finished reading this book myself and you described it perfectly. It really is a "thriller packed with mystery and romance". Thanks for the wonderful review. :D
Thanks for your comments. I really enjoyed this book.
Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bonnie-shelby.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

I agree that some of the descriptions were superb - that was one of my favorite aspects of this book. Nice review!
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I love the subtitle- out of time thriller. Cool.
onixpam
Currently Reading:

Post by onixpam »

Bonnie Shelby wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 12:55 I agree that some of the descriptions were superb - that was one of my favorite aspects of this book. Nice review!
Thanks for your comments.
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

It sounds like there is something for everybody in this book. Thank you for your detailed review.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
onixpam
Currently Reading:

Post by onixpam »

teacherjh wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 01:00 I love the subtitle- out of time thriller. Cool.
Thanks for your comments.
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

I read this one too and had a totally different reaction to it. You said, "I am not a romance reader, but this book has the exact dose of romance without going to deep on it, and without deviating the attention to other subjects." But I thought the entire focus was on the lust of the main characters. (I definitely would not describe it as romance). I was hoping for a bit more on the art mystery theme, but finding a missing painting through pathetic examples of past-life regressions isn't exactly solving a mystery. For a supposedly strong, intelligent woman, I thought Angela came across as a sad damsel-in-distress. But I enjoyed your review. I think it's interesting to read reviews by people with a completely different perspective.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

I liked your nice review on this supernatural fiction book which is written nice to keep the reader captivating and enjoy. I also like the thrill and suspense in the story.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Perry2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Perry2018 »

your review gets me jumping to read the book. Thanks
Allyseria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allyseria.html
Latest Review: Choosing Happiness by Emily Hunter Slingluff

Post by Allyseria »

Thank you for your detailed summary of the plot! I've been looking for a detailed blurb because I kept finding only vague ones but this was the first that allowed me to understand what to expect from the book. :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”