Review by holsam_87 -- Of Zots and Xoodles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
holsam_87
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 64
Currently Reading: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Review by holsam_87 -- Of Zots and Xoodles

Post by holsam_87 » 12 Jul 2018, 22:58

[Following is a volunteer review of "Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon The Embarrassed is a Sci-fi investigative experiment that gives an in-depth thought on what oscillations would create the universe itself. There is a lot of question on what would lead to the creation of an unusual incongruity that is our Universe. Theodil is the appointed creator or architect that develops time, light, and gravity. However, the congregation that is witnessing all of this continually criticizes the steps that are made. Will the gathering ever be satisfied?

Zots are what are considered part of the zero parameter in creating other things like time. The creation of Xoodles comes from the groupings of Zots. Xoodles are prevalent in construction and creation because they are light. There is also the role of Xoodles in creating gravity and different time frames.

The first thing to note is that both the author, Zarqnon aka JW McLaughlin and the illustrator, Frank Louis Allen are on the Autism Spectrum. They both have different outlooks on life, which can easily be seen throughout this unique book. Zarqnon’s writing is exceptionally descriptive and has a Dr. Seuss-like quality in how the dialogue of the flock is written. Allen’s illustrations are not only different but do well in assisting the points that Theodil makes.

Concepts of how the Universe came to be have been made many times in the past, but this one feels much more entertaining. Plus, seeing the carefully drawn diagrams helps a lot in showing this idea. Knowing that the author’s intent was to go beyond what has been discovered caught my interest the most. The other thing that caught my attention is reading that this idiosyncratic notion comes from individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder.

I found some things to be a bit over my head since I have little to zero understanding of Physics, String Theory, Dark Matter and anything else that covers the study of the Universe. The way things were broken down helped me get the gist of the topic. In the future, I would like to come back and review the ideas presented forasmuch as the fact that I did learn despite not knowing every concept intimately. Studies of the Universe do fascinate me, but it would take a bit as I struggle with equations in higher Math.

What I enjoyed most was the apparent detail of each picture. While most were drawn to show what was being done, there were diagrams that assisted with showing each step effectively and not leaving it to the imagination of the reader. The diagrams also possess equations, which indicates the validity of this complex design. It would be fascinating to know just how much time was done for the images.

In reading this text, I came across three errors, which indicates to me that this has been well edited. I found no fault with this book. It was far more enjoyable than any other book or Science class that has depicted what brought about our existence. If Zarqnon The Embarrassed has any more books, my interest would be piqued to see his stimulating outlook of the world through his work.

It is with this analysis, that Of Zots and Xoodles receives 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to anyone that finds the creation of the Universe riveting. However, because a lot of the content is a bit difficult to discern, readers should be age 13 and up. Younger readers would struggle immensely not only with the discussions of paradigms but also the knowledge is far beyond their schema. If you aren’t into topics that follow Science and Physics, then this isn’t for you.

Of Zots and Xoodles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like holsam_87's review? Post a comment saying so!
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

chelhack
2018 Reading Goal: 29
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 44
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: Gringo
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack » 19 Jul 2018, 06:39

This is a great and we'll informative review a lot of the things going on in the book was also way over my head
Chelsea N. Hackett

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”