Review by Sahani Nimandra -- Toni the Superhero

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Review by Sahani Nimandra -- Toni the Superhero

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Imparting good values to kids is important, but implementing these good values play a key role. I believe R. D. Base has accomplished this objective through her beautifully designed read Toni the Superhero which I rate 4 out of 4 stars.

Toni the Superhero is a beloved children's read that any 1 to 3 year's old kids would surely enjoy reading. This book consists of 30 pages filled with beautiful illustration by Debbie Hefke about Toni and his adventures. The pages are vibrant in color, and the pictures are full of life filled with action. Toni introduces himself as an older boy in which younger kids would be inspired and would wish to be more like him.

Toni is an ordinary boy with extraordinary powers, yet love to do ordinary things. Toni like every kid loves to sing and dance, and enjoy helping others. Toni is a good friend to everyone, and he can also be a good friend to you too. Join Toni and his adventures to know more about him!

Toni is a superhero who likes to do ordinary things in a fun way. Toni is a special kid like every little boy and girl who aspires for an adventure. Through this read, R. D. Base sends a beautiful message to her beloved readers about developing their own adventure. She expresses through Toni that it is fun to do house choirs daily. She teaches that there are many ways that one can learn to enjoy oneself. Using Toni, the author tries to cultivate good values in her readers like helping others, rescuing animals, and maintaining a good balance in life.

Toni the Superhero is a quick read which consists of short sentences that makes it easy for the kids to understand. R. D. Base makes her work simple and meaningful for her readers. The short sentences can be repetitive and related, easy-to-use in a fun way. This book is suitable for kids who are learning to read. The author presents Toni in a way that she tries to create a superhero in every kid, and that superheroes led normal lives.

Toni the Superhero is an easy read that parents can enjoy with their kids while tucking them into bed. It's even better if Toni the Superhero was made into a cartoon or a small video which I'm sure kids would enjoy. There weren't any hindrances while reading her work seem proofread and professionally edited. Toni the Superhero is a short, but a delightful read.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Sahani Nimandra's review? Post a comment saying so!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Post by Yoli García »

Yes, it is a great book for kids learning to read. Thanks for the review!
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
Sahani Nimandra

Yolimari wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 04:34 Yes, it is a great book for kids learning to read. Thanks for the review!
Thank you for stopping by!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

Thanks for the review. I agree with you that it should be made into a series for children. It is very uplifting!
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
Sahani Nimandra

CinWin wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 20:36 Thanks for the review. I agree with you that it should be made into a series for children. It is very uplifting!
Thank you! I'm glad you found it up lifting.
Spath
Currently Reading: Decide Success
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spath.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Spath »

Very nice review. I agree with you, we need more books like this one to instill manners and values in the children of today. Thank you for your review.
There is nothing to writing. All you have to do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.
Ernest Hemingway
Sahani Nimandra

Spath wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 16:16 Very nice review. I agree with you, we need more books like this one to instill manners and values in the children of today. Thank you for your review.
Thank you for stopping by, I'm glad that we are on the same page. :tiphat:
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I still haven’t read this one but I can tell it has a great message.
Sahani Nimandra

teacherjh wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 01:40 I still haven’t read this one but I can tell it has a great message.
Yes, specially for small kids. If it was made to a video it's much better. Thank you for stopping by!
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

Really enjoyed your review! And we need books that teach kids manners from a very young age, but in a fun way.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
Sahani Nimandra

JR Mercier wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 05:32 Really enjoyed your review! And we need books that teach kids manners from a very young age, but in a fun way.
That's true. Thank you for stopping by!
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

This book consists of 30 pages filled with beautiful illustration by Debbie Hefke about Toni and his adventures. The pages are vibrant in color, and the pictures are full of life filled with action.
I agree that the colorful illustrations make the easy-to-read sentences more fun and show Toni's actions.
I like that Toni is a normal kid who likes to do ordinary things in a superhero and fun way.
Sahani Nimandra

LV2R wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 20:16
This book consists of 30 pages filled with beautiful illustration by Debbie Hefke about Toni and his adventures. The pages are vibrant in color, and the pictures are full of life filled with action.
I agree that the colorful illustrations make the easy-to-read sentences more fun and show Toni's actions.
I like that Toni is a normal kid who likes to do ordinary things in a superhero and fun way.
Actually yes! That superhero feeling can be touched by any little kid to make them feel that they are superheros. The vibrant colors are truly a credentials to this read. Thank you for stopping by!
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 2386
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I just reviewed the same book and I agree. It´s a great book with very lively illustrations and it portraits an excellent role model!
That´s so important for kids!
Great review, thank you.
Sahani Nimandra

Lunastella wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 14:27 I just reviewed the same book and I agree. It´s a great book with very lively illustrations and it portraits an excellent role model!
That´s so important for kids!
Great review, thank you.
Thank you for commenting! :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”