Review by Riszell -- Invisible Me by H M Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Review by Riszell -- Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Riszell »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Invisible Me" by H M Irwing.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Invisible Me by H.M. Irwing is a fantasy romance about Freddie Lynch, a girl who literally turns invisible. Freddie has been fat for most of her life. She has been infatuated with her best friend’s hot cousin, Edwin Carr. She wanted to lose weight for him to notice her. She wanted to shed that weight quickly so she decided to make a concoction drink for weight loss. She literally disappeared when she had mistakenly added her dad’s work solution to her diet shake recipe. Her dad, a chemist, had gotten back from work only in time to watch her vanish completely. Edwin is a multi-millionaire, owner of the Carr Auton Industries. His fiancée’s untimely death threw his life into a downward state of depression. He is still grieving the loss of his fiancée when he encountered Freddie. Meeting her unexpectedly, Edwin is shocked by what he sees… or doesn’t see. The book follows Freddie and Edwin’s comradeship, their goal to overcome the shortcomings of her invisibility, and their feelings.

I enjoyed this story of love, courage and acceptance. I was enthralled when I read the synopsis. It was something I have never read before which made me pick the book.

I love the characters in this story, particularly Freddie. I think Irwing did an amazing job of making the characters real and relatable, which is difficult when you write a story centered on someone invisible. After all, no one can relate to being literally invisible, or the problems that come with it. But Irwing was able to pull it off. Instead of focusing solely on the heroine’s invisibility, she was able to draw my attention to the character’s bold and remarkable personality. She also did an incredible job of bringing the reader’s focus on the characters’ relationship, weaving in just enough sexual angst, suspense and even double entendre to keep the reader hooked until the end.

The plot is easy to understand. I was immersed in Freddie and Edwin’s world. I liked following the progression of their relationship. It had all the makings of a great romantic fiction. While the novel is mainly a romance, there were enough interesting and suspenseful subplots to keep readers fixated.

There were several typos and misused of punctuation marks, but these did not interrupt my flow of reading.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is a one-of-a-kind titillating story that I was able to finish reading in one day. I would like to see a movie adaptation of this book someday. The book contains mature scenes. I would recommend this to adult readers who are looking for a romantic fantasy, with deep emotional character development.

Invisible Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Riszell's review? Post a comment saying so!
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Thank you for your review. You've made the book seem more interesting than a usual love story. A nearly-flawless read that one just had to finish is a plus factor and should appeal to followers of its genre.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Riszell

Post by Riszell »

Espie wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 05:05 Thank you for your review. You've made the book seem more interesting than a usual love story. A nearly-flawless read that one just had to finish is a plus factor and should appeal to followers of its genre.
You're welcome and thanks also for the comment! :) God bless!
:tiphat:
Espie

Post by Espie »

Riszell wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 19:02
Espie wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 05:05 Thank you for your review. You've made the book seem more interesting than a usual love story. A nearly-flawless read that one just had to finish is a plus factor and should appeal to followers of its genre.
I love your MomentCam avatar.

Thank you and God bless you, too.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
Riszell

Post by Riszell »

Espie wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 01:20

Yep! We have the same avatar!
:D :lol:
Espie

Post by Espie »

Riszell wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 02:30
Espie wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 01:20

Yep! We have the same avatar!
:D :lol:
I have been meaning to change mine but wasn't able to get to it yet. Nonetheless, what an amazing coincidence! Cheers!
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Great review, it’s nice to have a book that doesn’t focus on the female lead’s appearance. This one goes to the other extreme :lol:
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Riszell

Post by Riszell »

Helen_Combe wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 06:43 Great review, it’s nice to have a book that doesn’t focus on the female lead’s appearance. This one goes to the other extreme :lol:

Yes, characters are important in a story.
Thank you for the comment. :)
Rafaella Michailidou
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rafaella-michailidou.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Rafaella Michailidou »

I've read this book few days ago. The plot was interesting and it was easy to read but sometimes I got confused due to the time lapses. Did that confuse you too? Some scenes weren't so clear in my opinion. What do you think?
“All the secrets of the world are contained in books. Read at your own risk.”
― Lemony Snicket
Flowers123
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flowers123.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Post by Flowers123 »

This sounds like a coming of age story. It seems the author has done an excellent job of relating the popular struggles faced by most teens and young adults — insecurity and need for acceptability being part of the battle. It's an exciting read. Thanks for the review.
Rosebella
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: Queen takes Queen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosebella.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Rosebella »

This sounds like an romance fantasy I will love. Great review. :techie-studyingbrown:
Books are a uniquely portable magic.
–Stephen King

There is no friend as loyal as a book.
–Ernest Hemingway

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
–Mason Cooley
:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :D
Emy Katherine
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 430
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emy-katherine.html
Latest Review: 9 Days of Piper Snow by Daniella Blechner
Reading Device: B07953N411

Post by Emy Katherine »

A girl who feels invisible to others and wishes to disappear until she becomes physically invisible...And then,
there's a boy who is grieving the loss of his fiancée when encountered her.
WOW! I've read the free sample available on Amazon and liked it! Let's say that this story of love, courage, and acceptance sounds a must-read for me! Added to my TBR list. 😀 Thank your for the review!
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

At first this book didn't appeal to me but after reading your review it made me want to check it out. I like Romance novels but the fantasy part not so much, but I'm intrigued. Thanks for your review!
GroveRidge
Currently Reading: The Atlantis Gene
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-groveridge.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by GroveRidge »

I downloaded Invisible Me this morning. Opened it by "accident" while flipping through my Kindle library. I can not put it down!! An 18 year old teenage girl becomes invisible after accidentally drinking her Dad's experiment. What would you do if you were suddenly invisible? Can't wait to see what she does. :eusa-think:
Isaiah2018
Currently Reading: Pivotal Moments
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Isaiah2018 »

From the beginning I was not like the book but after your great reviews I will keep it in wants to read list so as to feel the Romance fantasy of love thanks to BOTD

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”