Review by ShareTheGift -- If life stinks get your head o...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ShareTheGift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharethegift.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Review by ShareTheGift -- If life stinks get your head o...

Post by ShareTheGift »

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But’s by Mark L. Wdowiak is a down-to-earth book about taking responsibility for yourself and not choosing to engage in self-limiting behavior. The book contains 32 chapters each with a call to action and a simple statement of acknowledgement that you understand each message. He offers a process and methodology that is broken down into three distinct areas that are easy to follow if effort is invested. Many of the chapters include entertaining storytelling from his life experiences so individuals can relate a story to the message.

What I enjoyed most about this book was the layout of the chapters. There is a clear progression from the beginning of the book. A foundation for how the information can be used to take responsibility is included along with encouragement to make the changes outlined later in the book. The third area expands on the call to action that is built in the earlier chapters. I also like the inclusion of what the author calls life’s landmines as these sections point out possibly troublesome scenarios and what to do about the situations.

Many of the messages relayed in the book are familiar due to my own extensive experience in business management, university degrees and countless training seminars. However, the book held my attention due to a novel approach. Others who do not have my personal experience will likely learn new concepts, in an interesting way, that they can put to work for successful outcomes. It was a good refresher for me as well. I found few errors, so the editing of the book was good.

I recommend this book to individuals who are interested in making changes to help them become more successful in their business and personal lives. This book’s message, while intended for adults, could also be useful for older teens to assist with building a good foundation for their lives. Mr. Wdowiak mentions several times throughout the book that he wishes he realized some of this information sooner and I agree that older teens could benefit from reading the material.

I rated If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But’s 3 out of 4 stars. I liked the interesting yet methodical way Mark L. Wdowiak tells a message that a wide variety of authors have touched on pieces of in their works. He combines various life lessons to take whatever situation an individual is in now and shows them how to take responsibility for not only their actions but their thoughts as well.

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ShareTheGift's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

This does seem like a well-written self-help book with some fresh insights.
Jessica 254
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jessica 254 »

This is one of the most educating book have come across so far. A well skilling book to read. Interesting how the author come up with such a book. Thanks alot for the review.
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

Great review. I did enjoy the sample I read and have this one on my list to read

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”