Review by Kemunto lucy -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kemunto lucy
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemunto-lucy.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Review by Kemunto lucy -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Kemunto lucy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 3" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartaches 3 by H.M.Irwing is the third instalment in this great series. The author has done the ink justice in writing this work. This is a continuation of Heartaches 2. Irwing's writing style is amazing and she engages the reader thus, making her work exceptional.

Anna Walter-Simmons and Rafael Brown are more determined than ever to take their abusers down. Emancipation from their troubles is their basic need. All they desire is a serene atmosphere for them to finally thrive peacefully. We also find out that Anna and Rafe are not the only victims here, we have more. Their struggle for peace has intensified, of course, with the help from third parties, whom they share with a common enemy. Their fight for justice requires a miracle especially, when there is a traitor amongst them. They find themselves torn between a rock and a hard place because whatever they plan, the enemy already knows. Maybe happy endings are only in fairy tales after all.

Teamwork is a major theme in this book. The base provided a strengthold for Anna and Rafe. Everyone at the base watches out for the other.

I loved that this book is action-packed with conspiracy highlighting it all. Though the shortest of three books, Heartaches 3 has the greatest impact. We watch the characters grow from broken souls into strong individuals.

Fight against own-self and overcoming individual fears has been greatly achieved. We see Anna making wise decisions even against own will. Rafe also faces his worst nightmares that haunt him in broad daylight. The emotional plot line was amazing and character development was done at its best. Gay marriage is addressed in this book, which brings equality in this freedom-dominated society. The book grabbed my attention throughout my reading and there was never a dull moment.

Having read Heartaches 1 and Heartaches 2, I expected more when I started reading this final installation. Sadly, I didn't find it fully satisfying. I felt like the ending was rushed and everything was not exhausted. There were also errors in grammar, punctuation and wrongly placed words. The errors could be amended by further editing.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because even with the errors, I still found it appealing. The errors did not distract my reading at any moment. I could not bring myself to rate it lower than this because it is a fun and exciting read. Another round of editing would make it better. I recommend this book to any reader above the age of seventeen who loves romance novels. I'm glad I went through the whole series.

Heartaches 3
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kemunto lucy's review? Post a comment saying so!
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Fate Won't Compromise by Catherine Blakely

Post by Morgan Jones »

Thank you for the great review! I agree with you, the book was extremely enjoyable to read😊
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
Kemunto lucy

Post by Kemunto lucy »

Morgan Jones wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 00:41 Thank you for the great review! I agree with you, the book was extremely enjoyable to read😊
They really were awesome. Thanks for commenting.
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

I like your review. When I read this book, it didn't work for me, but I can appreciate the points you make here - it's so interesting how we can all have different emotional reactions to a book!
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I’ve heard mixed reviews in this series. It’s good to know it resonates with people.
Kemunto lucy

Post by Kemunto lucy »

teacherjh wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 04:05 I’ve heard mixed reviews in this series. It’s good to know it resonates with people.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

I enjoyed reading this more than the previous books in the series. Nice review.
Kemunto lucy

Post by Kemunto lucy »

prospero360 wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 05:39 I enjoyed reading this more than the previous books in the series. Nice review.
I agree with you. This was the best in the series. Thanks for reading my review and commenting.
Kemunto lucy

Post by Kemunto lucy »

Julie Green wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 09:14 I like your review. When I read this book, it didn't work for me, but I can appreciate the points you make here - it's so interesting how we can all have different emotional reactions to a book!
True,we have different preferences. Thanks for reading my review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”