Review by petersonrosalinda -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
petersonrosalinda
Currently Reading: Twice Bitten
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-petersonrosalinda.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Review by petersonrosalinda -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by petersonrosalinda »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartaches- Bad Boy Vibes by H M Irwing is a must read. Anna Simmons was a shattered and lost soul. From loss and heartache, to being bulled and abuse, she is looking for a little peace and happiness. She believes that she has finally found it until betrayal comes along and causes her more pain. This betrayal causes Anna to question what is a right or wrong response to a very serious situation.

Rafael”Rafe” Brown is just as shattered as Anna and is looking for justice and revenge. He has been hurt and betrayed just like Anna. He has come back home to try to figure out his next step, when a chance encounter bring him to Anna. One look is all it takes for Rafe to see pain and despair all over her. He instantly wants to protect and take care of her. Rafe knows exactly what Anna is going through and he makes the decision to become her champion. While helping Anna, Rafe must still deal with his past and try to navigate keeping his past a secret from Anna.Together they start out on a quest for justice and revenge. Secrets are revealed and emotions and pushed to the limit. Just as they begin to move forward their past collide and more secrets are revealed. They will both have to face their past together in order to survive.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book because it gives us a look into different perspectives of how victims of certain crimes react and how they law perceives how a victim “should” react. It shows us a side to this type of crimes that are never really talked about. Victims are often afraid to speak about this part because of the fear of no one believing them about the crime. This book gives the reader a chance to understand a little more of what victims go through.

I would definitely recommend this book. If you are looking for a Heroine and Hero to root for Anna and Rafe are the ones. They are knocked down so many times in life and still continue to get back up. This book is a must read for me. I think that this book shows how you can overcome so much pain, lose, and disappointments and still find a way to love. The way that the book goes in depth of how a person physical and mental reaction can cause just has much turmoil as the crime itself was really refreshing.

I was really please with the way the book kept moving at a nice pace and was able to keep me wanting more. This is a book that would be a go to book for a good read for any adult. The context of this book is very current for today’s society. Being able to read something that evokes thoughts and emotions is amazing.

Heartaches
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like petersonrosalinda's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”