Review by aolusegun20 -- The Surgeon's Wife

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
aolusegun20
Favorite Book: The Surgeon's Wife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aolusegun20.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Review by aolusegun20 -- The Surgeon's Wife

Post by aolusegun20 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Surgeon's Wife" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One thing or the other makes people behave or do things the way they do. They are not to be blamed because, that's how our nature is fashioned. All humans have the free will to choose the manner and ways he or she wishes to behave. William H. Coles carefully explains all these issues in his book The Surgeon's Wife.

There is a surgeon in New Orleans named Clayton Otherson who specializes in bariatric surgery. No one is above mistake. In spite of his years of experience in this field, he has been making some mistakes which have really been a "big blow" to his career. Dr. Otherson is a spectacular surgeon who has successfully treated many obesity cases.

Dr. Mike Boudreaux who happens to be Dr. Otherson's mentee, is now taking his position as chief of service. He's been making a few mistakes lately, though, forcing Mike Boudreaux to act in his capacity as Chief of Service. And right now, Mike finds it so hard to antagonize his mentor and teacher, Otherson. Will Mike make the hard decision that ends Clayton's career?

Catherine, Otherson's wife, is a vibrant and courageous woman in the community. Their marriage now is becoming very boring to Catherine. She is not finding happiness in their marriage anymore. Will Catherine stick it out in her marriage for better times? Or will she file for a divorce?

The author of this book, Mr. Coles is well-known to be prominent in character development, and he has proven this in the storyline of this book. My point of view on his work in this book is that, it brings out one's character. It is obvious that he is a psychologist. This particular book has made me to know that. The storyline of this book is full of suspense. One will always be eager to know what happens next. I can deeply feel the pain of the losses the characters of this book had and also, how joyous they were.

I really like how Mr. Coles carefully manages to fully elaborate the story as well as the characters in this book. This kind of book is not a book full of action, but it speaks of violence and turmoil. Though this book is not full of action, it does have violence and turmoil.

This book, The Surgeon's Wife is a very interesting book to read. It was pofessionally edited. There is no reason why I should not rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

The Surgeon's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like aolusegun20's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”