Review by chelhack -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by chelhack -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by chelhack »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

<r><r>"This life will never divide us. I will love you today, tomorrow and into eternity. This wedding picture will speak of our love long after we have passed," Giuliano Medici vowed to his bride Fioretta Gorini the day secretly married. The wedding took place in the studio of Fioretta's best friend Leonardo da Vinci and the picture Giuliano refers to is the wedding portrait created by da Vinci of Fioretta and himself which, Leonardo da Vinci presented to them during their wedding ceremony. With the passing of both Fioretta and Giuliano, they were never given the chance to publicize their marriage during their lifetime but, through Leonardo da Vinci's bridal painting of the two 500 years later still shows off their love for one another and as well as the only record documenting the marriage of Fioretta and Guiliano. though, for over 70 years their love was not known to exist due to the painting becoming unknown of after it went missing from Uffizi Museum during World War II. In the present year, the missing da Vinci picture is worth millions though there is not anyone who has knowledge as to where the portrait is the search to find it is now on.

In The Girl Who Knew da Vinci art historian Angela Renatus an intern at the Getty Muesuem feeling the pressures and dress of which, come from being sexually harassed in by her boss in the workplace begins suffering from insomnia along with blackout phase where she loses track of time. But it is during the times of which she blacks out or when she is able to sleep that she begins having different yet reoccurring dreams of Leonardo da Vinci a man who lived in the 1400 year era which was over 500 years ago. With the dreams feeling more like being memories Anglea finding the dreams to be strange begins writing down details of each of the dreams she has of da Vinci. Though, Angela is able to remember the dreams she continues to have no recollection of the time lost experience she is also having. Moretti the director of the Getty who has been harassing Angela has taken a great notice and or interest in Angela's behavior during this blackout period has set up cameras to be able to closely watch her. Greed drove Sorgeitti wants to find and locate the portrait for the riches it will potentially bring feels that somehow Angela we lead him straight to it.

Owner of the Getty Museum and also a man with great wealth Max Jagger hires Alexis Caine a detective that recovers artwork to find the missing wedding picture as well. Jaggers interest in finding the painting has nothing at all to do with money but wanting it located to clear the name of his uncle Gerhard Jagger a soldier who fought in World War II accused of being a crazed man because of letter of which he wrote home which claimed he not only just knew about da Vinci' painting but also had it in his possession. Alexis starts his investigation by interviewing some people who are employed by the Getty Museum. While waiting in the restaurant to met and conduct his first interview with art historian Angela Renatus. When Angela arrived Alexis was in shock realizing that Angela was the same woman from the museum speaking in Italian to the boy in the Bosseciti painting also kissing him confessing her undying love for him.

In this book The Girl Who Knew da Vinci, Angela comes to learn she is not only one person but the reincarnation of both Fioretta Gorgini from the 1400'ss as well as, Sophie from 1944. Both of these women who found true love and faced with watching the men the love be killed right in front of their very eyes. Being Giuliano Medici then Garhard Jagger in previous lives Alexis and Angela team up hoping Angela's memories from her form lives will be able to lead them to where the wedding picture is hidden. Knowing the danger of that come along with the portrait coming into one's position Angela and Alexis have to be extra careful so that this time history does not repeat itself.

Author Belle Ami did an awesome job in her writing of The Girl Who Knew da Vinci. The story was great and the plot grabbed and held on to my attention the whole way through. The time jumps were written in smoothly. I loved how the love Fioretta and Giuliano shared was so strong that if they found each other again and again throughout time.

The one thing about the book that I do not care for much is the title. Because the book did not really have anything to do with actually knowing Leonardo da Vinci. The majority of the story that has anything to do with him is mere of being the artist of the wedding picture.

Overall, I rate The Girl Who Knew da Vinci a 3 out of 4. The love, mystery, fantasy, and thrill of which this book contains and the way Belle Ami executed it in her writing was too great to be scared any less.</r>

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like chelhack's review? Post a comment saying so!
Chelsea N. Hackett
Yssimnar
Favorite Book: Wives and Daughters
Currently Reading: No Man Knows My History
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yssimnar.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Post by Yssimnar »

I can tell you put a lot of thought and notes into this review, it's complete!
:wink:
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin
Iliyashedrack97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Iliyashedrack97 »

love your work good effort funny how after 500yrs u see things that u don't even know about and that manager needs to b put in jail
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

Great review. Glad you enjoyed it. I am interested in the reincarnation aspect of the book and am considering reading this one
DancingLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancinglady.html
Latest Review: Believe What You Want To Believe by Alicia Kristine and George Williams

Post by DancingLady »

I enjoyed this book myself. Your take on it is interesting. I agree with you that DaVinci definitely does not play a significant role in the story.

You might want to try using grammarly.com next time and spending a little more time on editing. I promise it will help you become a better writer.
Iliyashedrack97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Iliyashedrack97 »

da Vinci is purpler figure in the history of mankind for those other two characters it would have been a great honor for them to have been painted by DA Vinci...am even watching the film.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”