Review by Corhan2 -- Happiness is All We Want!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Corhan2
Favorite Book: Body of Evidence (Kay Scarpetta #2)
Currently Reading: Land of Painted Caves
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corhan2.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Review by Corhan2 -- Happiness is All We Want!

Post by Corhan2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Happiness is All We Want!" by Ashutosh Mishra.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Happiness is All We Want - Ashutosh Mishra

Happiness is All We Want is a self-help book written by the author to help and motivate people to find their personal state of well-being, tranquillity, and stability. The main objective is to help you find true happiness and peace in this digital and technical life we live every day.

The book is divided into three parts, namely: mental wellbeing, physical wellbeing, and spiritual wellbeing. All three of this aspects work together to help us find our continued wellbeing and happiness. The author describes it as follows: “Soul is the core of our existence and the mind is the driver that has assumed temporary control of our physical existence for the time-period of our current life. The body is the physical manifestation of our existence or the vehicle which the driver keeps pushing in all directions, for the pursuit of its own objectives. In this continuous pursuit, the soul and its eternal existence have been forgotten by the mind.”

In each of the three parts, the topic is discussed in detail and then easy to use tools and techniques are given to help you on your path to ultimate happiness and peace. Remember, the main objective is to change your way of living (and thinking) to enable you to find time to focus on yourself, and in that find the peace and happiness you seek. Change should not be drastic, it should be slow and gradually. This will ensure that you keep going until you are at peace with yourself and your surroundings.

What I liked about this book is that although everything is very detailed, it is explained in such a way that it is easy to understand. Further, at the end of each chapter, a list of things to ponder about and a list of things to do is given. This is basically a summary of the chapter and also helps you to grasp what the author wants you to do. The important things to do are put in a “smart wellness capsule” and at the end of the book, all the capsules are recorded in an annexure.

I cannot critique the content of the book. What I did not like was that the paragraphs were not divided by one or two linebreaks.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The book was definitely professionally edited as the errors were few and far in-between. This book is for sure not a weekend read and does require you to concentrate and focus. I would recommend this book to anybody who wants to improve their quality of living and are yearning for ultimate happiness and peace.

Happiness is All We Want!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Corhan2's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I like books about happiness. How corny does that sound? Still I strongly believe in a mind, body, spirit connection.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

It's great to hear that this self-help book is easy to understand and is well-detailed. Personally, I don't really read self-help books and especially those that are so heavy in content that I would potentially have to push myself to concentrate. However, I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

I like the way the book is divided. Mental, spiritual and body health makes everybody stronger and capable of overcoming any challenge in life. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Great review. I’ve been a bit overwhelmed with self-help books of late, so am unlikely to read another.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Fate Won't Compromise by Catherine Blakely

Post by Morgan Jones »

Very motivating and insightful, something that I would probably enjoy right now. Thanks for recommending and reviewing it!😊
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

Sounds very motivating. Thank you for the review! I think I'll put this on my read list and when I am ready to focus on it I think it will be beneficial.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

This sounds interesting! I’m not a huge reader of self help books - I tend to avoid them. But I really enjoyed your review 😊 thanks!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Abigail R
Currently Reading: The Problem of Pain
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-r.html
Latest Review: My Prism Window by P. A. Schweizer

Post by Abigail R »

I'll have to read this one at a time where I know I'll be able to focus! Thanks for the review!
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

teacherjh wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 00:13 I like books about happiness. How corny does that sound? Still I strongly believe in a mind, body, spirit connection.
I am with teacherjh on this. It's corny but books about happiness make me happy.
Loved the review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

Good review! I tend to stay away from books that might be promoting a path to happiness, though. I don't believe there is a one-size-fits-all method for mental, physical, and spiritual well-being. There might be some general suggestions that help most people. But I think each person has to find the path that works for them. And that path will probably be a lot different than the one others are taking.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”