Review by Bonnie Shelby -- Invisible Me by H M Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eryn Bradshaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eryn-bradshaw.html
Latest Review: The Witchstone by Victoria Randall

Re: Review by Bonnie Shelby -- Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Eryn Bradshaw »

Oooof, this book sounds painful to read. I have a feeling I enjoyed reading your review more than I'd enjoy reading the book. Thanks for taking the hit. While the writing definitely sounds like should be improved, I'm confused why the author didn't have some fun with the invisibility. It sounds more like a minor inconvenience for the character to further a plot of sex.
“Live, and be happy, and make others so.”
― Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bonnie-shelby.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

Eryn Bradshaw wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 16:54 Oooof, this book sounds painful to read. I have a feeling I enjoyed reading your review more than I'd enjoy reading the book. Thanks for taking the hit. While the writing definitely sounds like should be improved, I'm confused why the author didn't have some fun with the invisibility. It sounds more like a minor inconvenience for the character to further a plot of sex.
Haha, it was certainly difficult to get through. I was actually a little impressed with myself for making it to the end ;)
Thanks so much for reading and commenting on my review! :D
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

Having recently reviewed an Irving book myself, I found it similarly lacking in quality unfortunately. And while exploring the concept of invisibility could be so interesting, it is a shame the author has clearly not done it justice.
Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

Julie Green wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 15:30 Having recently reviewed an Irving book myself, I found it similarly lacking in quality unfortunately. And while exploring the concept of invisibility could be so interesting, it is a shame the author has clearly not done it justice.
Agreed. Thank you for commenting! :)
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

I'm going to pass on this book even thought I was very intrigued by your description. I have not read any of Irwing's books but I have read numerous reviews on several books of theirs and it sounds like they need to find a good editor rather than paying for reviews. It's a shame, because it really sounds like her books could be so much better if she just put some more time into them.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

AmySmiles wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 12:02 I'm going to pass on this book even thought I was very intrigued by your description. I have not read any of Irwing's books but I have read numerous reviews on several books of theirs and it sounds like they need to find a good editor rather than paying for reviews. It's a shame, because it really sounds like her books could be so much better if she just put some more time into them.
An editor would definitely benefit her books, and it is a shame she doesn't use one. I've heard the same thing about her other stories as well, so unless she can find a way to fix them, I won't be reading any more of her books either.
Thanks so much for commenting on my review! :)
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

It is a shame to realize that a book with a lot of potential is lost because of so many failures. Great review and I appreciate your honesty.
Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

onixpam wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 12:51 It is a shame to realize that a book with a lot of potential is lost because of so many failures. Great review and I appreciate your honesty.
Thank you! I appreciate your comments :)
Rafaella Michailidou
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rafaella-michailidou.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Rafaella Michailidou »

I've read it as well and I have to admit that for the most part, I agree with your review. Weak plot, not so good character development and many grammar errors where the reasons this book disappointed me. Still, I consider this book what it was supposed to be, a contemporary fantasy romance. She could do so much more but I guess she was content with this result. Thank you for your review.
“All the secrets of the world are contained in books. Read at your own risk.”
― Lemony Snicket

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”