Review by book_worm 101 -- The 11.05 Murders

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
book_worm 101
Currently Reading: See How Small
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-worm-101.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Review by book_worm 101 -- The 11.05 Murders

Post by book_worm 101 » 05 Jul 2018, 12:01

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There are literally no words to explain how I felt when I finished this book. I felt almost overwhelmed with everything that was happening. This book was basically everything I ever wanted to read.

The 11:05 Murders by Brian O' Hare is a book full of suspense, crime, and lots of mystery. It begins with a prologue, explaining an event that may or may not be connected to solve a crime that would occur 12 years later.

Then the setting is brought to present time Northern Ireland where Denise Stewart is being transferred to a new police station. She has just moved from Lisburn Police Station in hopes of finding a place with less sexualism and fewer “bullies” that would mess with her very often. In coming to Strandtown Police Station, Sergeant Stewart soon discovers that everybody here is treated equally and everything is done for the team. Her boss, Detective Sheehan, is very welcoming. Her coworkers, Tom Allen, Mr. McCullough, and many others, always encourage her to be herself.

A couple weeks after she starts working here, a serious crime has occurred. A man named James Fitzpatrick has died a very gruesome death and the crime scene was almost clean except for a single cufflink. Now, James didn’t have many friends and there are multiple people with reasons to “get rid of” Mr. James, but this crime seems to be very tough to solve.

As soon as the detectives feel like they are getting closer to discovering who killed James, another murder has aroused from nowhere. The crazy thing is that both these murders happen at 11:05 on two different Tuesday nights. And the gruesomeness was also repeated. Are these murders in some way connected and will the Chief Detective be able to figure things out before it is too late?

After reading this book, I felt like I was moved someway somehow. The mystery was so intense. Although I had my suspicions and was correct at the end, I can say it was still a shock when the killer was revealed. Brian O’Hare is a splendid writer and deserves way more recognition.

I couldn’t find a single mistake within this book and therefore I proudly say I give this book a 4 out of 4 star review. I recommend this book to all those who want to read a beautifully written suspense thriller. I would like to add that this book is part of THE INSPECTOR SHEEHAN MYSTERIES and I am looking forward to reading the other books in this collection.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like book_worm 101's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”