Review by Monday Michael -- The Surgeon's Wife

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Monday Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monday-michael.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Review by Monday Michael -- The Surgeon's Wife

Post by Monday Michael »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Surgeon's Wife" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

THE SURGEON'S WIFE BY WILLIAM H.COLES
The Surgeon's wife by William H. Coles is a story with professionalism, scandals, sacrifice, love and romance encapsulated in it. Mike Boudreaux, who is a surgeon is finding it hard to be ethical in his career and be a true friend at the same time. As his friend and partner Clayton Otherson is involving himself in surgical operations (bariatric) which was portrayed to be injurious to patients health and a detriments to the hospital which Mike is heading. Mike later ended up taking risks and doing the right thing after falling deeply in love with Clayton's wife. Of course it came with consequence of revenge and hatred.

In this book, William H. Coles was sensitive to keep the suspense going. He never loosed touch of the essence of the stories. He added little humour to the story, but still in a more mature way. He was very descriptive with the scenes and plots to the extent that the reader feels involved in the action. All the characters added up so well that even to the last page, you still remember every character . William's Management of every parts (one to three) is just amazing. you can never get lose reading this book.

I like the fact that the author pressed on finding one's true love as well as true potentials. The book went further to show sacrifices made to achieve aims. Other traits like confidence, guts, professionalism, bravery were boldly stressed in the book. I am really impressed with the character of Mike Boudreaux who happened to be one of the main character of the story. Being the chief of service in the surgery faculty of the hospital never made him lose touch of his personal life. His confidence in handling matters just made the book a recommendation for the mature mind.

On the other hand, I wish there was a table of content to serve as guide through the chapters. Also, Typos are inevitable I know, but more attention should be given to avoid few typos that were recurrent. I also feel the book is so interesting that people would want to read more. So a 182 page book is just a quick rush of awesomeness. Apart from these little faults, the book is really one worthy of recommendation.

Above all, I recommend this book to friends and family who are in the medical line and just want to read something interesting but still in line with their practice. Generally, I recommend this book to anybody who need a romantic, interesting and mature book to read. In all, I rate this book 4 out of 4. I love the book so much and I believe anyone willing to give it a try will not regret it.

The Surgeon's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Monday Michael's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”