Review by Sibhone1 -- The Surgeon's Wife

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sibhone1
Currently Reading: Decide Success
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sibhone1.html
Latest Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Review by Sibhone1 -- The Surgeon's Wife

Post by Sibhone1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Surgeon's Wife" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The surgeon’s wife by William H. Coles

This is a book about the life of a woman named Catherine, who is the wife of a credited surgeon named Clayton in New Orleans. Being easy on the eyes she easily draws attention. Society deems her elegant and admirable but she feels unfulfilled. Her husband Clayton doesn’t have time for her and her daughter Melissa is rebellious. Her life takes a rapid turn when she falls in love with her husband’s former student, Mark. Her decision to be with Mark changes not only her life, Clayton’s and Mellisa's but her parent’s as well.

I enjoyed how the author’s story relates very much to reality making it relatable. I liked how every characters life is expounded on without straying from the main subject. This allows me as a reader to know each character in depth and also follow up on the reasons for their actions. There was also the element of surprise in the story making it more captivating. I found the ending tantalizing and loved how this story was brought to completion. It left me questioning all the turn of events throughout the story and I must say I found it a bit humorous.

I didn’t dislike anything in this book and found it appealing how the author doesn’t dwell too much on the medical aspect of the story. He diffuses it expertly into the lives of the characters drawing out the connection medicine has with their lives. The character’s emotional state, change and growth is well narrated. I was able to easily immerse myself in this book and found it very enjoyable to read. We see the difference of opinions and how much this affects the characters lives.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as it didn’t have grammatical errors and was very well narrated for the reader not only to understand the characters but also keep the reader interested. I wouldn’t give it a lower rating as I believe the author did an excellent job in not only the story but the layout as well.

I would recommend this book to anyone seeking a book that’s thrilling and loves books they can relate to. This book can be read by young adults as well as it does not contain any extreme adult content. I wouldn’t recommend this to children as they wouldn’t find it intriguing .

The Surgeon's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Sibhone1's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”