Review by simplymica26 -- Devilish by Tricia Barr

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
simplymica26
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simplymica26.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Review by simplymica26 -- Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by simplymica26 » 04 Jul 2018, 10:24

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devilish" by Tricia Barr.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Felicity Claire is an ambitious, talented and determined journalist at the New York Times. She would take whatever it is to achieve her goals and finish the job. Her first mission was to expose an outbreak that could change the world, however, she was given another assignment since the first one were running a bit slower than she expected. The task is to interview the Devil, yes, the Devil who fell on earth without any warning. For her, it was too big of a job that even if she don’t want to take it, she can’t afford to reject it.

Historically, people define Devil as a persona that professed evil in society though it may differ from other religious and philosophical views, it is on the contrary from the book. Lucifer, escape from hell not to do or spread evil but to live the life he was longing for a hundred thousand of years. He value life more than anyone could ever know and everyone even the most horrible person in the world is precious to him.

Self-control were not on her side whenever she’s with Lucifer. Her sanity became crazy, irrational and was involve in unimaginable experience she could have. Even so, she was remarkable. Her determination on finishing the job gives her courage to do more. The bravery she exert and her intellectual thinking serves her right. Each day has a different kind of adventure, progression on her first mission, and progression on her interview with Lucifer is impeccable.

I like how the author build up the role of the characters. Felicity, an ambitious, determined and reserved young lady, while Lucifer is playful, powerful and compassion being. I like the twist and connection of the story and the mystery behind each character does not spoil the mood of the reader. The author can transport your imagination to a different kind of level. I must warn you, there were sensual part that will stimulate all your senses and will give you the desire to not put down the book and finish until the last chapter.

After finishing reading the book, I didn’t find any typographical error and didn’t notice any grammatical error as well. I had so much fun reading it and I don’t mind the sensual part, it added excitement to the story and tickles your senses so I give this book 4 out of 4 star. Some part reminds me of 50 Shades of Grey by EL James while the Devil, I picture him from the TV series Lucifer. I know I might be sound crazy, but the imagination I had while reading this book is amazing. I feel ecstatic while reading it therefore I recommend this book to anyone who doesn’t mind sensual elements in the book.

Devilish
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like simplymica26's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”