Review by Momiji1987 -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ochiengjr01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ochiengjr01.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Re: Review by Momiji1987 -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by ochiengjr01 »

Nice review congrats! The book is really inspiring and gives advice on we can relate to people around as in our daily todays lives.
Jaykik
Currently Reading: The Carbynarah Chronicles, Book #1
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaykik.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Jaykik »

This book is one with great lessons of achievement and success. It reveals that you can be whoever you want to be irrespective of your background. It has also revealed that no one is an island; you need people around you to succeed. Thanks for an insightful review
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

In the 'Volunteer Review: And Then I Met Margaret', the reviewer has well tried to sum up the contents of the book. It is like an ocean contained in a drop. The fact that the book is worth reading does not escape the eye of the reader.
Shedrack95
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shedrack95 »

Reading the review gives an insight to what the book will actually read like. The area that captures the bildungsroman of the character to the development of the art piece, can be an interesting read, like you review. In all, the book deserves some credit— because the review gives the trust.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

I'm a fan of this book but the only drawback I have with it is the misleading title. Rob white has successfully inspired the youth of our generation. Keep up the good work.
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Thanks for the awesome review - you sold it to me! I like the idea of every chapter being similar to a new episode with a lesson to take away from :)
munee muema 710
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by munee muema 710 »

:techie-studyinggray: This inspiring book is full of virtual lessons in life,learned from the authors interactions with people he met throughout his life.
Particularly in this part where he became a teacher, he encourages the young on how to overcome lifes challenges, that personal reflection in such a way to help others. It is well written ,full of suspence and entertaining,i recomend this book to all my friends
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

It's a story of a motivational journey of a man who despite having all luxuries in life feel uncomfortable until he meets some people who teach him the real meaning of life.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

The book focusing on spiritual growth and life lessons is a must read. The fact that it is also fun to read is a bonus. Nice review!
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I'm not really looking for another self-help or inspirational book, but I do like that this one talks about everyday "gurus" instead of just the ones that people pay a lot of money to go see. It's a shame about the errors, but I might be able to get past it if I think the book is good enough. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

And then I met Margaret. In my 42 years of life I've always believe that we learn more from everyday people we meet than any book you can read. This book is an exaple of that. No matter how well taught on any subject there will be someone that know a little bit more, street wise. Both ways are great for learning to live a good meaningful life.
Last edited by asaltares on 17 Nov 2018, 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

Sounds like a good book with amazing stories. It's nice that the author has shared his stories about the gurus people and animals that changed his status. Although this sounds like a great read, I don't think I'll be reading this one. Thanks for the detailed review.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

I am usually not interested in self-help kinda books but i think this one would be an interesting read .
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

The author skillfully focuses on the various revelatory moments in his life and the ordinary people that totally changed him. I particularly enjoyed his writing style and I agree with him about the presence of self-limiting myths in our lives and the need to look at things from a different perspective. Thanks for a wonderful review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

Overall, this sounds like an inspirational book, and evidence that we never know who might hold great insight for us...it could be our next door neighbor. It's not always the top dollar gurus who can help us. Thanks for your insightful review!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”