Review by Sarah Tariq -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Review by Sarah Tariq -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami is an amazing historical art fiction with the combination of love, mystery, suspense, and thrill. Touching three generations, this historical mystery revolves around Leonardo Da Vinci’s painting which connects the reader with lovers of three different eras.

Angela Renatus, an ambitious art historian, is pursuing her internship at Getty Museum. Despite her dream career, she finds herself in a turbulent situation when she starts watching dreams about the lost painting of da Vinci and its related characters Giuliano de Medici and his beloved mistress Fioretta Gorini. At one side, her dreams have been providing clues to reach the lost painting; on the other hand, she has to deal with her lecher boss, Dr. Alberto Scordato, who is after to spoil her professional career and prestige.

Meantime, she meets Alex Caine, who is an army veteran and art detective, searching for da Vinci’s painting. The commonality of purpose joints them together to make collective efforts to reveal the mystery of Leonardo’s secret painting, lost during WWII. The story follows a new twist when Angela and Alex feel a close affinity with each other and connects it with the characters of the past; Giuliano-Fioretta (lovers at the time of Leonardo Da Vinci), and Sophia-Gerhard (lovers during WWII). This addition of past-life regression gives an interesting spice to the story.

The story is very captivating and I was bogged down from the very beginning. The author beautifully presents the story from different angles and themes including romance, historical mystery, and professional jealousy. The story is fast-paced and intriguing. Each chapter offers something new. I was much inspired by the vivid description of the locations of Italy. Such historical things require proper research, and I think the author has done justice in this regard.

The plot is well-developed in all aspects and I could not find any loophole. The story flows smoothly despite the transitioning periods of the past and present. The author skillfully weaves all elements of love and historical mystery together. The book is well-edited with the only couple of mistakes. So keeping in view all the positive attributes of this book, I have decided to rate it 4 out of 4 stars. The book contains few sensitive scenes. So I will not recommend it for teenagers. Moreover, it has an enthralling and intricate plot with historical touches and a spoon of romance. This book is perfectly fit for all those who have interest in art, romance, and history.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sarah Tariq's review? Post a comment saying so!
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Great review. The book sounds like it has lots of very different and very interesting strands.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

This sounds like a great book; a well-developed plot is always a pleasure. Thanks for the review!
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

This sounds wonderful. The author seems to have an eye for detail. Thank you very much for this review.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Helen_Combe wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 03:16 Great review. The book sounds like it has lots of very different and very interesting strands.
Exactly, diversity is the beauty of this story. Thanks for your feedback, Helen!

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

gen_g wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 05:44 This sounds like a great book; a well-developed plot is always a pleasure. Thanks for the review!
Yes, all signs go in the favour of this book :) .Thanks for your feedback.

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

inaramid wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 04:30 This sounds wonderful. The author seems to have an eye for detail. Thank you very much for this review.
Thank you so much for your feedback, inaramid!

📕📖📰📓📕
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

I'm always down for a great complex storyline and great detail. Loved the review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

JR Mercier wrote: 11 Jul 2018, 12:23 I'm always down for a great complex storyline and great detail. Loved the review.
Thanks for your feedback.

📕📖📰📓📕
Lu_rire
Currently Reading: The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lu-rire.html
Latest Review: Driven by Max Barnet/Hugh Aaron

Post by Lu_rire »

Past life regression? I admit that although implausible in real life, as a plot device it could and did work. However, I had difficulty with how easily the other characters accepted the contents of Angela's dreams as true facts.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Lu_rire wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 06:20 Past life regression? I admit that although implausible in real life, as a plot device it could and did work. However, I had difficulty with how easily the other characters accepted the contents of Angela's dreams as true facts.
Angela was the heroine of the story. So it was must for everyone to admit what she says :) . Thanks for your feedback.

📕📖📰📓📕
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

I have the opportunity to read this book, and I have to say that I really love it. As you say in your review I found a very captivating story with great character. Great review!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

onixpam wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 09:05 I have the opportunity to read this book, and I have to say that I really love it. As you say in your review I found a very captivating story with great character. Great review!
Thanks for your feedback.

📕📖📰📓📕
online2book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by online2book »

Really awesome review, inspired me to go through the book. I wish, I'll enjoy the contents. Thanks for the review.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

online2book wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 13:32 Really awesome review, inspired me to go through the book. I wish, I'll enjoy the contents. Thanks for the review.
Thanks for your feedback :)

📕📖📰📓📕

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”