Review by Erick Bixen -- Of Zots and Xoodles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Erick Bixen
Currently Reading: It's Time to Align
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erick-bixen.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Review by Erick Bixen -- Of Zots and Xoodles

Post by Erick Bixen »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed is a fine read that will leave any reader longing for more amusement. Although this story is very short, Zargon the Embarrassed does not fail to make it perfect. He makes the story detailed and very interesting to read. The short nature of this story implies that a reader can comfortably read and comprehend it in just one sitting.

The story mainly describes the life and experimentation of Theodil. Now Theodil makes the use of dots “zots’’ and noodles “zoodles’’ to come up with certain things. Some of the things that he comes up with include time and even matter. I really like how he simplifies the story of the origin of the universe into a story that can be easily understood and interpreted by a good number of people.

The author takes this story to the next level by making it look more of a poem. Some of the literary devices that he employs to achieve this are personification, rhyme and tautology. As I read the book, I was greatly captivated and thrilled as the story kept unfolding. I even felt as if I were there by myself seeing the events happening.

Zarqnon features three main authors in this book. He describes Seuss, Lewis Carrol and Douglas Adams. He goes ahead to describe this book as a fine blend by this trio. I admired how he uses a flowery language that adds spice to this book. There are however some features that made me disappointed with this book. The first negative side of this book is the uses of long sentences and long phrases that can make readers lose direction as they read. I became confused due to the use of these lengthy sentences and so I believe other readers may equally fall victims of this trap.

Since this book is of sci-fi genre, I would recommend it to lovers of sci-fi fantasy. The author tells great scientific ideas by use of the zots and the xoodles. I believe people who enjoy thinking scientifically will definitely like this book. Readers who love being put under challenge will also receive this book with warm hands. People who do not like scientific thinking may not like this book. I f you are such a person, do not prejudge this book. I would advise you to give it a try since it may turn out to be enjoyable to you.

I saw it fine to rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I decided not to give it all the four stars because of the minor drawbacks that I noticed. All the same, it is a perfect book that can be improved into a high quality book after the minor errors have been ironed out. Friends, purpose to read Of Zots and Xoodles to have you thrilled and challenged.

Of Zots and Xoodles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Erick Bixen's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”