Review by bboy p -- The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bboy p
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bboy-p.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Review by bboy p -- The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Post by bboy p »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Surgeon's Wife" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book The Surgeon’s Wife by William H. Coles is a story of a young surgeon named Michael Bourdreaux who was once a Mentee to Clayton Otherson, also a surgeon in a prominent hospital in New Orleans. Clayton’s facing difficulties in his job, not knowing what to do but just hoping that his once mentee will be able to salvage him from the clutches of the OR committee though Mike tried his best but Clayton kept on making the same mistakes during surgery. Though the book never indicated the causes of Clayton’s errors during surgical Operations, according to the book’s title I was thinking his wife Cathrine Otherson had a hand in his problems but she did not until she fell in love with Mike. Mike and Cathrine’s relationship was not hidden for long as Clayton threatened to push the blame for his errors on Mike for screwing his wife.

This book portrayed New Orleans as a bad city with bad influence on the relationships of the citizens and a bad influence on growing teenagers as Rosemary Dayside broke up with Mike after a conversation with Cathrine about New Orleans relationships and bad character of Helen Rappaport. Every chapter of this book has intriguing stories as it kept me wondering what was so special about the surgeon’s wife. Since Mike was the major character in the book I was wondering who Mike would marry and what would be so special about her. The book has a lot of unhappy moments especially when Cathrine and Clayton died after shooting each other.

This book has a captivating storyline, I really enjoyed this book and recommend it for a mature reader looking for a realistic medical related novel. This book gave me no room for boredom, it has 182 pages with every chapter going straight to the point therefore making the book easily understandable. I spotted no typos only two grammatical errors though negligible and the characters where not mixed up.

The description of situations in this book is another excellent feature. The author included the characters' thought on certain aspects in the book. This will help any reader to get detailed image if the situation. The only thing I didn’t like about the book was the way Cathrine died without fulfilling her loves goals.

I give The Surgeon’s Wife by William H. Coles 4 out of 4 stars for a creative writing style, excellent writing flow and a realistic imagery provided. This book is a must read for medical related novel lovers. This book will be totally perfect if the author corrects the two grammatical errors.

The Surgeon's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like bboy p's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”