Review by cpru68 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Re: Review by cpru68 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Okafor Prosper »

Great review, I'll definitely introduce this book to my younger siblings.
Jmar_la
Currently Reading: Toxic Side Effect
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmar-la.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Jmar_la »

I thought the book was terrific, just like Toni. I like that the author wrote about the ordinary things that Toni the Superhero likes to do. It really encourages young children to perhaps follow along with Toni in helping Mom, helping their friends and doing nice things for others. When we think of superheroes we think of them doing extraordinary things all the time, but doing the ordinary things is just as important. For the very young reader starting out, repetition in reading is good, along with the beautiful illustrations on each page. The illustrations can prompt questions for the child to answer and discuss. Great book!
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Seems a good book and I would like to recommend this for the purpose of teaching a child to read. Thanks for the descriptive review and I also agree with your review. Yet I won't read this since I am not a kid anymore :lol2:
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Ibeh12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibeh12.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by Ibeh12 »

This is a very good book and review too. This bok is a must have in every home. I'll get a copy. Thank you for the review.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I totally agree with your statement about the importance of reading.
I love the illustrations in this book and I think they´re very catchy for little ones, so that´s a huge accomplishment when you´re trying to get them interested in a book.
The fact that Toni, despite being a superhero, is quite a normal kid, is something I didn´t expect and I do like because it´s a great role model.
As for the "rescue" usage, I totally get your point but it´s also important that kids learn new words.
Thanks for the review!
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 554
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

Tony the Superhero by R.D. Base is a story of a little boy,Toni who has extraordinary powers, and he is interested to do ordinary things with great joy.

This little superhero always gives a helping hand to the society, and he wears a colorful dress and a red cap.

What Children can learn from Tony ?, I think the positive life style of Tony has something that children can learn. Tony has the reading habit, and has a habit of eating healthy food and he keeps himself physically fit by doing physical exercises.

This is an interesting book for children and thanks for an awesome review.
Dusamae
Favorite Book: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dusamae.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Dusamae »

Thank you for your review. My son and I both had book club memberships when he was very young. This book would have been perfect for him. I do not have young children in the family but if I did I would consider buying this book for them.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

This book is going to be very good for children. It will help them to learn to read and will improve their vocabulary. The colorful illustration will be very attractive for kids. Toni lending a helping hand to the society is a very important lesson. Good review.
Strangerthanfiction
Currently Reading: Night Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strangerthanfiction.html

Post by Strangerthanfiction »

Great review. This sounds like a great book for children getting ready to read. A superhero story and colorful attention getting illustrations is certain to capture the young ones interest. Thanks so much for sharing.
“You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” – Paul Sweeney
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

Good review on Toni the Superhero. I liked how you described Toni's outfit. I agree with you that younger children would look up to Toni and want to imitate his good behavior. Though children may not know the word rescue, I suppose this would give the parent an opportunity to explain and help the child understand.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

When I reviewed this book a few days ago, I didn't even notice the cover was showing things that was happening in the story. I love your idea of making a flap at the end of each sentence. Thanks for the great review.
Mary McCurdy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-mccurdy.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Mary McCurdy »

I enjoyed this book, and found your review to capture the wonder that is within it. I don't think that the words were too difficult for children. If they don't understand what a certain word means, they can always ask for help and learn even more from the book.
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

Nice review!. This book sounds just the kind of book I am looking for reading with my daughter. Definitely, I will be reading it with her. Thanks for your insightful review.
Torypee
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Torypee »

This review got me smiling and blushing.... What great creativity!
And the recommendation made was absolutely fabulous. Toni the superhero_, wow amazing!
Moureenkaranu
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moureenkaranu.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Moureenkaranu »

Thanks for a great review. I enjoyed the colorful pictures in the book. The book is great especially for children who are starting to learn how to read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”