Review by Ertertert -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ertertert
Favorite Book: Mistress Suffragette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ertertert.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Ertertert -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ertertert »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I am reviewing Tony The Superhero by written by R.D. Base and illustrated by Debbie Hefke. This adorable story is about a little by name Toni. Tony is a superhero. Though Tony has these amazing powers he is still a normal boy and lives a normal life. Toni brings us on an adventure as we see his everyday life. This gives children the chance to connect with Toni and his story. He is a normal boy and can play and have fun just like anyone else.

The book has a creative theme and offers a different outlook on the Superhero life as many of would think about it. Though the story is quite simple it gives children the opportunity to see that the hero (Toni) is just like them. As you go through the story you learn all of the things Toni does just like you! This opens children’s eyes to a new light. This makes them feel included and inspired by Toni. This helps them learn and reflect on the things that they do. This also gives parents a chance to add in and make connections while reading the story.

The illustrations in this story, done by Debbie Hefke are beautiful. They very accurately demonstrate the ongoing story in a fun way. The illustrations themselves are very relatable and make children want to join in on the fun. As Toni plays with his friends or helps his mom children learn and want to get involved. The illustrations make you feel as though you are with Toni as we explore with him.

The story is definitely geared to beginner readers and is very sufficient as that. The story gives simple words and works up to a few challenging words. I personally suggest read this book with your child. This will not only connect you but help them read words they never thought they could! This book will definitely help with bonding and gives parents room to expand. The children reading this book can have fun reading because they are doing so with their new favorite hero. Toni!

Overall, this is a great Children’s book and I give it a 4 out of 4 review. This is a great book for beginner readers and I would suggest it for any child. I had so much fun reading about Toni and can’t wait to continue as the author hints that Toni’s adventures will continue!

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Ertertert's review? Post a comment saying so!
Buli
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Buli »

Good, I liked this story, and also the way how you explained to the audience! Thanks!
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

You adopted a good way to explain the story of little Toni as a normal boy because children will like to connect them with the theme of the novel by listening that Toni is a normal boy.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”