Review by chita betty -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
chita betty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chita-betty.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Review by chita betty -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by chita betty » 26 Jun 2018, 09:17

[Following is a volunteer review of "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren is the fourth book in her Threads series. I would like to classify this book as a romantic thriller. It is a combination of murder, suspense, revenge and romance.

The story revolves around Akira, a skilled Japanese assassin. When Mitsui-san's (the leader of a notorious Japanese gang called Zakura-kai which Akira works for) sister, Keiko, is found death at the bottom of a swimming pool, Akira is called to kill her assassin. Her journey to take revenge takes us on a luxury cruise ship around Europe. We are introduced to the different facets of the rich and famous. From their extravaganza through their complicated lives to their nasty secrets. In a bid to ease her work, Akira gets involved in a "complicated" relationship with Devon. As Akira investigates Keiko's murder, every one seems guilty and her affair of convenience with Devon gets complicated.

They are quite a handful of characters in this novel. Honestly, I found it challenging to keep track of all. On the good side, each character was unique and added a unique spice to the story. Borrowing words from the author, the characters are compelling, credible, maligning, three-dimensional beings who are about as flawed, troubled and contradictory as the written words would allow. This makes for some humorous interactions, wonderful conflicts, dubious villains and an eccentric hereoin while testing the boundaries of reality.

I would like to say this book is truly twisted. The author did an incredible job weaving together several subplots into one tantalising and intriguing tale. The book was a page turner. You never know where the next rise would occur, how many twists would happen or how far the drops would go. She did a good job merging the stories of the secondary characters to the main storyline. It's worth noting that most of the stories where jaw dropping. The fact that I did not know the murderer right up to the last page is testament of the level of intrigue.

Overall I would rate Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren 4 out of 4 stars. The book was engaging from start to finish. It was well written and I found no grammatical errors. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good intriguing tale with a blend of romance. Anyone who has a problem with murder should stay away from this book because there are a handful of vividly described murder scenes.

Twisted Threads
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like chita betty's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”