Review by IYB247 -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
IYB247
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iyb247.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Review by IYB247 -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by IYB247 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartaches: Bad Boy Vibes by H.M Irwing is a romance novel about sexual abuse, drug, and unfairness. It’s about how two people find each other to mend the damage from their pasts.

Heartache reveals how two people experienced the same bad events and trying together to break free from them and loving each other through this process.

Anna Walter Simmons is searching for meaning in her life. She is trying to break free of her family’s prison. Heartbroken by the people close to her. Her boyfriend Matt took her to a club and got drugged and raped by Matt, her boyfriend, Jason, Matt's brother and Peter Preston his father. Her half-brother Brian sold her out as a downpayment for a debt he owed to the Prestons.She was devastated could not tell her mother and her friend about this incident.

Rafael Louis Brown has just returned to Melbourne from his post in Australia Army in Syria. He faced the nightmare of the murder of his mother by his step-father. His Step-father’s abuse drove him into the army. He was betrayed by his captain in the army. They tried to seek help from the law but found out the law could not help. They went together to an army base. The people in their past appeared again. Rafe and Anna found each other to sort out their pasts through loving each other.

The story is unique from other fictional books about rape because it’s not only a woman who experienced it in this story. It was touching how Rafe was supportive towards Anna, despite his personal pains. I was not very comfortable with how the writer describes the effects the drug had on Anna-i.e it made her enjoy it.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The story was well developed and compelling. If you are looking for more than ordinary romance which is about connected spirits finding each other, this is the novel for you. I find it interesting that the author had several themes apart from romance e.g rape, drug. There were some spelling and grammar errors that were difficult to ignore. I was not expecting the graphics uncomfortable rape scenes.

Heartache is a well-told story, with emotional depth young people could learn a lesson on protecting themselves and to trust their instincts and be strong in the face of unending darkness and hopelessness. I will recommend to people who enjoy romance, sexual abuse and overcoming mistakes of the past

Heartaches
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like IYB247's review? Post a comment saying so!
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I read the sample of this book and know what you mean about the drug-induced enjoyment by Anna. Those drugs really do cause rape victims to submit themselves willingly. While the telling may be too graphic, I am sure that scenes like that do happen in real life. It is a shame what man can do to man.

The world needs more love to heal all our collective heartaches.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, IYB247! I hope to read more from you.
IYB247
Currently Reading:

Post by IYB247 »

Yes Miriam, thanks for this! I do agree with you, the world needs more love to heal!
Nmesoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmesoma.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Nmesoma »

I'm not looking forward to a book with explicit scenes. Your review was wonderful, it captures the details of the story in a remarkable way. :tiphat:
IYB247
Currently Reading:

Post by IYB247 »

Nmesoma, yes the scenes were quite explicit! I must confess.....But I enjoyed the book anyway. Thank you for the compliment, appreciate you

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”