Review by LaurenHaupt -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Review by LaurenHaupt -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by LaurenHaupt »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cats and dogs make wonderful pets. They're loyal, great for cuddling, and they are affectionate. In the story Diary of a Snoopy Cat, you get to know a group of animals that not only make furry companions but they are also detectives in an investigative squad called, "Inca and Company".

Diary of a Snoopy Cat was written by R.F. Krish and was also illustrated by Jorge Valle. It is in written form of a diary that belongs to Inca. Inca is a Siberian kitty. Inca is a detective who lives in London with her mom, Missy and her siblings, Cara and Fromage. She also lives with a hamster named Charlotte. Inca works with her family and friends in different cases.

It is a busy time for Inca and her friends because they have two cases to work on. She also must learn how to work with Boss, a rottweiler who is known to be a bully around cats. Inca and her friends only have twelve days left before Christmas. They must work fast so they can be done in time to celebrate Christmas and enjoy Christmas dinner with their family.

This book was very entertaining and fun to read. There are many illustrations throughout the story that are very cute and creative. I love the font that the author uses and how she puts some words in bold. They really capture your attention while reading it. The sections are short so it is easy to find a place to leave off at.

At the beginning of the book, she gives a detailed description of herself and the members of her family. They all seem to have unique personalities and have adorable characteristics to each and every one of them. I especially liked Fromage. He is her brother in the story and he is also a cheese expert. He is a Tabby-Cat. He provides Inca with a recipe of Blue Cheese Cheesecake that she shares with us in her diary. There are also other characters in the book that you also get to know really well and enjoy.

I think this book shows children how valuable family is. Inca and her family members are always there for each other and are loving towards each other. Her siblings are all very different from each other but that doesn't stop them from helping one another.

The story teaches us that hard work pays off. Inca and her friends do a lot of careful planning when it comes to solving their cases. Inca will sometimes get in a bind but because of her quick thinking, she finds a way to escape.

Children can be persuaded by this book to either become a detective or to start a diary.

I would have liked to of seen Charlotte have a bigger role in the book. With her being a hamster she has the capability of sneaking in and out of places very fast and undetected. I could see her as being very useful in some parts of the book.

I think some of the wording might be hard for some children to understand. The book provides a great opportunity in helping kids improve on their vocabulary.

I give Diary of a Snoopy Cat 4 out of 4 stars. It is a charming book to read. I didn't notice any grammar errors while reading it.

I recommend this story to children of all ages although I do think older children would enjoy it more. I think younger kids would prefer more pictures. I think parents would have a lot of fun reading it to them.

This book is part of a series. I hope that I may have a review the others.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like LaurenHaupt's review? Post a comment saying so!
:techie-studyingbrown:
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

I read this book a while back and thought it was just adorable. The characters were very cute and kid friendly and really fun. A great book to sit down with your kids and read as a bedtime story. My only complaint is that Inca seemed a little self-centered and took unnecessary risks to further herself, other than that the book was great.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

This seems like a great children's book! It's always good when children's books are both interesting and informative, which this seems to be. Thanks for the great review!
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Amy+++ wrote: 24 Jun 2018, 15:25 I read this book a while back and thought it was just adorable. The characters were very cute and kid friendly and really fun. A great book to sit down with your kids and read as a bedtime story. My only complaint is that Inca seemed a little self-centered and took unnecessary risks to further herself, other than that the book was great.
She did seem to want to do things herself.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

gen_g wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 10:53 This seems like a great children's book! It's always good when children's books are both interesting and informative, which this seems to be. Thanks for the great review!
You're welcome and thank you.
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Great review. I read this book a while ago, but I kept getting all the characters confused :lol:
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Helen_Combe wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 06:01 Great review. I read this book a while ago, but I kept getting all the characters confused :lol:
There are A Lot of them.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

gen_g wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 10:53 This seems like a great children's book! It's always good when children's books are both interesting and informative, which this seems to be. Thanks for the great review!
Thank you.
Raya raymond
Currently Reading: One for the Road
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raya-raymond.html
Latest Review: Triumph Over Tears by Nava Chernoff

Post by Raya raymond »

I love how Inca and her family always have each other's back It's my favorite thing about this book. Nice review!
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Raya raymond wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 12:43 I love how Inca and her family always have each other's back It's my favorite thing about this book. Nice review!
That is nice. Thank you.
Italiansweety1982
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-italiansweety1982.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Italiansweety1982 »

I just read this one. I had never read the other ones in the series. I did enjoy it, it's humorous and unique, but there are a lot of characters to keep track of! That part was difficult. Definitely a book an adult and child can read together over several nights.
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

I read and reviewed one of the later books in the series and I really enjoyed it. I'll be sure to read this one soon, even if I'm not the target audience simply because it is a cute series.
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Vscholz wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 17:48 I read and reviewed one of the later books in the series and I really enjoyed it. I'll be sure to read this one soon, even if I'm not the target audience simply because it is a cute series.
It has good pictures. Thank you for the comment.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Italiansweety1982 wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 16:55 I just read this one. I had never read the other ones in the series. I did enjoy it, it's humorous and unique, but there are a lot of characters to keep track of! That part was difficult. Definitely a book an adult and child can read together over several nights.
Sounds like a very entertaining book for kids. Thank you.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”