Review by AmiHindman -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AmiHindman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amihindman.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Review by AmiHindman -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by AmiHindman »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I recently had the privilege of reading the book Twisted Threads. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and even though the story was great, I can not give it a perfect rating. I would have to give this book a 3 out of 4 stars. Despite how well written it is, there were some spelling and grammatical errors.

A former geisha and hardened assassin is looking for her way out of the gang and life she's always known in Japan. There is only one way, to complete one last assignment. She must find a killer and avenge the death of someone close to the boss. Seems easy enough, but things get complicated. Going by the name Akira for this assignment, she and her partner Takahashi posing as her father board a cruise ship for a ten day excursion. Shortly after boarding Akira comes up with a plan to get close to the nephew of the person she believes to be her mark. She never expected to fall in love. The more time Akira spends with Devon, she finds herself feeling things she never in her life thought she would. Takahashi must constantly remind her there can be no mistakes, otherwise it is death for all involved.

I do love books that are able to transport me to different places as though I were part of the story myself. This story was action packed, passionate and the idea of being able to move beyond your past to become who you want to be is positively inspiring.

I would absolutely recommend this book to others and plan on reading the rest of the series myself. My only hope is that the rest of the books are as stand alone in the series as this one. I do get bored with books that feel too much like movie sequels. I can see why Kaylin McFarren received so many prestigious awards for her writing. She is truly talented.

My only disappointment is that I didn't find this sooner. I'm sure I will re-read this many times, which I don't often do. I only wish I were as gifted a writer. However, I do need to thank Kaylin for this book. As much as I love to read, she gave me something worthwhile to read and to write about. This truly has been a privilege. I hope others find my opinion useful because they would miss out on a great` book otherwise.

Twisted Threads
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like AmiHindman's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”