Review by Eclectic_novels -- The Elf Coup - Book Three o...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eclectic_novels
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eclectic-novels.html
Latest Review: The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter by Jordan David

Review by Eclectic_novels -- The Elf Coup - Book Three o...

Post by Eclectic_novels »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter" by Jordan David.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Elf Coup, Book three of the Magic Charter series written by Jordan David

This is a look into the inner working and mysteries of the North Pole. Mistletoe Green is in a quest for power in the North Pole. Santa has left for his honeymoon but is now nowhere to be found. The polar bears have been brought in by Mistletoe Green to spread fear throughout the complex. The reindeer are losing their ability to fly. Krampus is on the hunt for Santa bringing terror everywhere it appears. Krampus is also stealing elves and wrapping them in a cocoon for later exploits. A set of retired Elves have been watching Mistletoe Green and devised a plan to thwart his trickeries. They bring their chosen elf Noel into the fold and train him in the ways of the elf runes. Noel finds himself having to face his archenemy to save them all.

This is the third book in the series The Magic Charter, and it provides a look into the history to the internal workings of the North Pole. Not having read the prior two installments, I was worried that I might be lost starting with this book. However, I found that this began in such a way that I was comfortable with the story from the beginning. This is a genius move by the author making this a tale that can be read as a standalone book.

The author’s creativity shows with the unique storylines that keeps you reading more. The pace of the book is steady and the transitions between storylines is smooth. It is full of mystery, magic and action. Additionally, the author brings twists and turns that you were not expecting keeping your interest peeked. The background information on the main characters really brings them to life. There doesn’t seem to be a main character, keeping all of them interesting.

The author is quite descriptive, one can say even overly descriptive, especially in the first two chapters which can tend to be off-putting. Yet I found that I was intrigued by the end of the second chapter. The author’s imaginative plot pulls you in. There are some grammatical and spelling errors, but I didn’t find them distracting. I would rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. I only wish I had started with book one, but still look forward to reading the others.

This is a book that could be read by any age, young and old alike. All that you need is a affection for fantasies and love of shenanigans. As I read this book I could picture the different departments each having a different colored hat for the elves that worked there, the Library, Mistletoe Green plotting and blowing things up, and how the retired elves might look. I especially enjoyed Cider Eggnog crotchety ways and the thoughtful Evergreen. I would recommend this book to others.

The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Eclectic_novels's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”