Review by kauriyami -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kauriyami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kauriyami.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Review by kauriyami -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by kauriyami »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ravens Peak is hands down one of the best action packed paranormal thrillers that I have ever read. It is so well written, and the characters are so well sculpted. When reading the prologue, I became instantly hooked by the vast detail of feeling, and emotion in the writing.

The story opens with Reverend Arthur Vangeest, a mysterious character that we quickly learn that has been in a cell for five years. He gets a female visitor by the name of Freida who needs his help. He is relunctant to answer, but he does. From that instant I was hooked.

The story is centered around Haatim and Abigail who came into the story strong willed in my opinion, and especially Haatim which started off a ignorant blogger. When he is confronted by paranormal forces he realizes that the stories of monsters were real. Abigail comes in and saves him, and they find themselves in the midst of all the action.

A demon possesses a small boy and is keen to the idea of spreading madness into the world. Luckily Abigail and Haatim are ready to risk their lives to protect humanity, but it is quickly running out. I found it fascinating how the conflict was written. In the town

Abigail is one character that reminds me of so many more of characters from stories I have read, but she is unique in her own way. She is just that type of character that you get hooked to, and wants the best for. Although she to me was the most fierce, while I was reading I always went back to the Arthur.

My thoughts on the audience that book would suit the most is young adults, and it would not do well with a children audience. The thriller aspect of this book would disturb most parents if they children was reading it. I think this book just crawls into you, and doesn't let you go until it's done. It delivers bitterness, and sweetness all at once to make you want more. It is a story that makes you think even at the beginning of the book.

I really liked the detail in this book. The writing was truly breath taking to read. I spotted no errors in this book, and there was nothing that I didn't like. The characters were relatable, and the story was truly hooking even before starting chapter 1. All in all I give this book a 3 out of 4 stars. I loved this book, but it could have been better. It felt like it was missing something. The ending was great, but I wanted more. It took a lot out of me to read this book, and I really liked it.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kauriyami's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”