Review by greenstripedgiraffe -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
yinkbellxtian1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Review by greenstripedgiraffe -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

Post by yinkbellxtian1 »

This an amazing story. I love this review infact how the details of the characters' mission is been explained here. Though am not a romance tyoe but I found the book so thrilling. It is filled with mixture of adventure and romance. Angela was so engrossed with painting which I think could have led her to having those mysterious dreams. I knew she would be happy to discover that her dream was about to come true when she met Alex whose missions aligned with hers. Hearing the story of Gerhard Jaeger from Alex might have aroused her hope in unraveling the secret and laying their hands on the hidden fortunes. I hope this is not a wild goose-chase that leads to dead end as I can see the powerful man on the same mission who can shatter the hope and dream of Angela Renatus. I will rate 4 over 4.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 772
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Good review! I, however, read, reviewed and rate The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci: An Out of Time Thriller 3 out of 4 stars because in as much as I enjoy Angela and Alex and as the book has limited grammatical and spelling errors, the explicit, sexual content, foul language, and supernatural thrill does not appeal to me. But in spite of this, I agree, for the hopeless romantics and art historians; French and ghost lovers; supernatural and suspense thrillers, this crime thrilling, historical fiction will absolutely amaze you!
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

Belle Ami's "The Girl who knew da Vinci" offers a heady cocktail of historical romance, Renaissance mystery and contemporary thriller about a missing Da Vinci painting, with a supernatural touch. Fans of Leonardo da Vinci and particularly, Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code would likely enjoy this one as this again enmeshes the Renaissance genius in a tantalizing puzzle. The use of a supernatural angle may be iffy, however. The heroine, museum intern Angela, goes into a trance when looking at a Medici painting and has a series of dreams helping her connect the dots about people linked to Leonardo da Vinci. Really? Readers who prefer well-grounded but fast-paced investigative page-turners may dismiss the book as romantic fluff and see scenes where characters swoon or flirt with each other corny. Those who sense the undercurrent of humor in these romantic passages would give it a chance. I find the book interesting in parts where shady characters such as museum curator Scordato take center stage. I've read parts of the book and hope there will be more of the machinations by people like Scordato. But those interested in history, mysteries and thrillers with a romantic touch will likely pick this book up for a read.
Natalia Kavale
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Maestro Monologue
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalia-kavale.html
Latest Review: The Prism Effect by J. Wint

Post by Natalia Kavale »

Wow, this sounds like my kind of book. A romantic thriller with a dash of mystery is a double plus for me. The way you described the book is so phenomenal that I'm captivated by it right away. Apart from the romance part, it also sounds like one of Dan Brown's historical thrillers; The Da Vinci Code. Dan Brown is one of my favourite authors and I love and enjoy reading his books. The fact that this one is packed with romance makes it all the more interesting. I'm looking forward to enjoying it. Thank you for sharing.
vico_95

Post by vico_95 »

I liked how you summarized this book
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

I love romance, but when it involves historical fiction then I can't enjoy it much, because I'm also not a fan of the said fiction.
blakfinn
Currently Reading:

Post by blakfinn »

Your candor and disappointment in reading and later reviewing the book is very commendable. Like you pointed out fans of romance and adult-themed novels will surely devour the novel. Am not a romance novel fan, it may take a long while before I consider reading the book.
Duncan Musasizj
Currently Reading:

Post by Duncan Musasizj »

I love the summary of the book that you have put before us. You critically analysed it and understood what you read. This book is trully amusing though more insight is needed to get the full enjoyment.
CynthiaSaychay
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthiasaychay.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by CynthiaSaychay »

This was such a great review. You really persuaded me into wanting to read this book as soon as I can! :techie-studyingbrown:
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

I love how the author incorporates romance, history, and thriller in one tale. The story is fast paced with well-developed characters! Congrats on the book of the day! Great review!
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

A romantic thriller with mystery is a recipe for success. I enjoyed your candid and thorough review. Thank you.
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

Thanks so much for the review. I've been wanting to read this book since I saw it. And I'm a huge sucker for romance so I have a feeling I would really enjoy this.
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."
khandzz09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khandzz09.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by khandzz09 »

The plot is interesting to read. Romantic and historical genre in one book is a good combination. Congrats. Thanks for the review
“Think before you speak. Read before you think.”
― Fran Lebowitz, The Fran Lebowitz Reader :techie-studyinggray:
Juliar252
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliar252.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Juliar252 »

I am very interested in reading this book now that I know it incorporates more than just a historical perspective. I also love how you discussed the plot, most interesting features of the story, and the writing style; I will definitely be more likely to read this knowing the author wrote with quicker, light pace rather than a slow and dense one.
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

Reading your review makes me want to download this book. It also reminds me of one book that I've read(i forgot the title). It seems a little bit of cliché though, but I am sure I will like it. I'm excited to unleash the secret of the lost painting, and ride the waves of life or death road. Great review by the way.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”