Review by greenstripedgiraffe -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 552
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Re: Review by greenstripedgiraffe -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

Post by Sirajuddin A »

After reading this review I am looking to read this novel as the story of the novel seems to me, very interesting.
The Girl Who Knew Da Vince by Belli Ami a romantic and historical thriller, the main theme of the story is that a modern couple who know their past lives and together they have to find a secret that could be dangerous for their lives.

The main character of the plot Angela who dreams about her past life and her dreams tell about secret lovers and secret marriage and deaths.

Da Vinci comes into this plot because the painting made by Da Vinci was stolen in that age and now in modern age, Angela has to find this painting and it is not so easy, as bad guys too chasing this painting. All these incidents and characters make this novel very interesting.
FilmStar
Currently Reading: Rich and Pretty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-filmstar.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by FilmStar »

I feel conflicted about giving this book a try. I feel like you should have given this at least a three star rating if the characters are under developed and not historically accurate. But I'm also a sucker for romances so maybe I'll give it a try.
simplymica26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simplymica26.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by simplymica26 »

Thank you for your thorough review! I appreciate how detailed your review it makes me understand more the story beforehand. Thank you again and congratulations!
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

I wouldn’t have expected a romance from the title and description. While I enjoy some types of romance, those involving mysteries don’t really capture my interest. I’m also not a fan of the insta-love type of romance which this review seems to indicate, at least in Alex’s case.
Angelixxv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Angelixxv »

It sounds good for me. And I want to read it as long as I have my free time
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

i feel this is great blend of history and romance and taking into it very popular Da Vinci code which makes story revolve around it. This book should be quite entertaining enough to read. Thanks for nice review
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Miercoles
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading: The Second Eve
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miercoles.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Miercoles »

Having sampled the book, and read your review, I am quite eager to read this novel. The author's careful juxtaposition of the past and the present, and the inclusion of dream sequences, gives the work an almost supernatural feel. The quest for the truth adds a touch of mystery, but I am intrigued to see how the various romances are developed.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

It's a shame that the book didn't turn out to be the kind that the description led you to believe it was. I must say I'm not entirely excited that this is more romance than historical fiction, but as it involves DaVinci I might be able to get past that, especially if the mystery elements are strong. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3008
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A Conflicted Slaveholder by Marge Cambre

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is a very good and commendable review. The book appears to be very interesting if it can be read in some few hours. I enjoy reading such books. The ones that you do not want to put them down once you begin reading them. The inclusion of romance is also good though it will make this not suitable for some readers. I enjoy the historical bit more.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

The historical and thrilling aspects of this story appeal to me, but not so much the romance. I think I'll pass on this one. Thanks for the review :D
EricaWilson
Favorite Book: Slated
Currently Reading: Seven Minutes in Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericawilson.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by EricaWilson »

This sounds like the perfect mix between romance and action. The plot sounds captivating, and I can’t wait to discover what happened to the missing painting.
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

Thanks for the good review. This novel is a blend of history and romance. It looks like, this book has an interesting plot, written in a fast-paced style with no grammar mistakes. I like to read romance thrillers like this. However, I think this novel may not fit for children to read, as the story has many adult-only scenes.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Interesting novel with a light writing style that paint realistic characters. I like the author's weave of her plot between present and past characters while trying to find peace by looking for a Da Vinci painting.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Inspection
Bookshelf Size: 3836
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I did not realize this book was heavy on the romance until reading a review on Amazon, and then reading your review. It sounds like it's completely different than what I was imagining. I was thinking more historical fiction which doesn't sound like the case. Still, it does sound like a good one for readers of romance. Thanks for your insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Gods Monkey
Currently Reading: The Morning Mind
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gods-monkey.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Gods Monkey »

I find this review a bit confusing. The rating is a 4 out of 4 but the reviewer speaks negatively about the book and doesn’t really explain why they “had” to give it full marks. Also after discovering it is a romance novel I feel they should have rated it as such not continued to state it isn’t a historical fiction. Which if it was a historical fiction it wouldn’t have to have many facts other then the people’s names.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”