Review by Bukari -- The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bukari
2019 Reading Goal: 70
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 28
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 25
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Review by Bukari -- The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Post by Bukari »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Surgeon's Wife" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Surgeon's Wife is a book that is in the genre of other fiction. The story is about 204 standard pages. William H. Coles is an author that has won many awards for the excellent books he writes. The author has studied fiction with more than seventy-five authors, editors, and professors of fiction writing. He is a former ophthalmic surgeon who is specializing in ocular trauma.

Mike Boudreaux is a respected New Orleans surgeon and is also the chief of surgery. Clayton Otherson is his friend and mentor. Clayton Otherson is one of the surgeons who help in the delivery of quality healthcare to his clients. Otherson performs life-threating operations on obese patients. He is the kind of surgeon who does not accept criticisms from his colleague surgeons. Therefore the chief of surgery together with the other members called Otherson to advise him, but he does not take their advice. Mike complicates the situation by falling in love with the wife of Clayton.

The book is very inspiring to read and follow without stopping. The characters and chapters are properly fixed that drive the reader to concentrate on the book. The story too is very intriguing to me when I observed it was about a group of surgeons and the welfare of their clients. It was clear to me because I know the author is a surgeon.

The medical terminologies that are used in the storybook are simple to read and understand. But I know definitely that some people may find the terminologies difficult to understand if such people are in different professions. The characters look too real for me as I imagine what was happening in the operating rooms.

Mike Boudreaux made the story pathetic and boring for me because of his indecent behavior. He is the chief of surgery and I expected him to have comported himself before the board of surgeons. There were already issues that needed corrective measures, but Mike made them complicated.

I, therefore, rate this story 4 out of 4 stars. I noticed no obvious grammatical or typographical errors in the book and I give credit to Coles for the excellent editing of his work. I read and understood Coles' work and that is the reason I am giving it a full rating. The story would be fascinating to people who are in the health delivery system or clinical area. But it could be difficult to understand by people who are not in the health sector because of the terminologies.

The Surgeon's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Bukari's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." - Samuel Beckett.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”