Review by Sanyesto -- Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sanyesto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanyesto.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Review by Sanyesto -- Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Sanyesto »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Becoming the Dragon" by Alex Sapegin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Becoming The Dragon is a science fiction and fantasy book written by Alex Sapegin. This is the first installment in The Dragon Inside series by the same author. The story is primarily revolving around a teenage boy called Andrei Karimov commonly referred to as Andy. At the beginning of the book, Andy is introduced as a normal boy who lives with his parents and siblings. He is even seen playing normally with his friends. He is a very active boy who assists his family in cooking meals such as vegetables. The first meal he prepared was very delicious and his family loved it so much.

However, Andy’s life takes a very different shape the moment he is struck by lightning. This makes a permanent change in his body which is now ever electrified and thus will cause any electric device that he comes into contact with to malfunction. As a result, Andy was forced to spend most of his time outdoors hence he falls into the trap of his enemies who sell him as a slave alongside wild animals. During his trip to slavery with wild animals, Andy discovers that he is able to communicate with a dragon. He and the dragon thus device ways to free themselves from the slavery and as a result end up a firm relationship between them.

I love the author’s style of describing every event in this story in details as this gives the reader a clear picture of the events. Being able to discern and getting the real picture of events in this book is what made it more captivating and fascinating to me, and I believe any reader will also feel the same. The book is also filled with adventure hence I never felt bored at any point. I believe this is because I am an adventurous person, hence the lovers of adventure will agree with me once they start flipping the pages of this lovely book.

The author of this book is Russian and it was originally written in Russian language and later translated into English. I must say the editing of the English version was superb as the grammar and words used were easy to understand. The chapters and the plot of this marvelous book were well arranged and flow easily throughout. The author also depicts his knowledge of science and technology very well.

I came across a few grammatical and typing errors which did not interfere with the flow of the story hence I give Becoming The Dragon a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. Indeed, this is a book that will keep you glued to your seats as you want to discover what happens Andy does next. I recommend this book to fans of science-fiction, fantasy, family and dragon stories. Few romance scenes were included in the story to sugarcoat it, but I believe it is still appropriate for young readers. The story ends in suspense hence I am eagerly waiting for the next installment of this intriguing series.

Becoming the Dragon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Sanyesto's review? Post a comment saying so!
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

I apologize after reading the book and then reading and then reading over this review I do not believe the review fits what occurred in the book. In reading this review it says that or for me it reads as if Andy being struck by lightning and forced to engage in outdoor activities is the reason that he met the black dragon and or was held captive during the story. Maybe I am miss understanding the wording of the review.
Chelsea N. Hackett
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Thank you for nice review on the book about electrified boy Ande who can influence any electrical equipment that he comes across. Hope you enjoyed this science fiction book.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Abigail R
Currently Reading: The Problem of Pain
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-r.html
Latest Review: My Prism Window by P. A. Schweizer

Post by Abigail R »

Thanks for your review. Having read this book myself, I believe we feel completely opposite about this book, which is one of the great things about reading!

I felt that the translating from Russian was awkward and confusing. There were many parts of this story that were unnecessary and dragged on. However, you are right about the story being exciting. The author created a wonderful new world.

If you're interested, here's my own review:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=79321

Since our opinions are so different, I'd be interested in your thoughts!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”