Review by ValBookReviews -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Review by ValBookReviews -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Diary of a Snoopy Cat (Inca Cat Detective Series Book 5) by R. F. Kristi is a phenomenal page-turner. Why do you ask? Well, having read and reviewed Serendipity Mystery, Diary of a Snoopy Cat (Inca Cat Detective Series Book 7) by R. F. Kristi, I was simply curious and wanted to know how Inca's journey began.

With that, I discovered Diary of a Snoopy Cat is about getting to know Inca, the frisky, Siberian detective kitty. In addition to learning about the rest of her good-looking Siberian and extended pet family. Diary of a Snoopy Cat undoubtedly points out why Inca is known as the world's super-duper, snoopy detective cat. As Inca states, "The detective cat par excellence".

And speaking of the family, if you're blessed to have siblings, similar to what I've experienced, you will relate to the oppositions between this furry pack. The sibling rivalries among this cat and dog family are strikingly no different. Can you imagine that? A community of cat and dog personalities, conflicts, envy, and jealousy. Such as the competitive battle as to who is the oldest, the youngest, middle child syndrome, etc. Furthermore, I'm reminded of what the Bible declares, "For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there".

This ironically brings me to what I like most in reference to Diary of a Snoopy Cat. I whole-heartily like the way the author introduced the family and their humanoid, Missy-Mom. Inca friends and how she shares the cats' concerns with their relationship regarding the dogs, humans, and others. I also like that the storyline took on such a surprise turn. I was in awe as the detective agency dashed into action, making a huge attempt to solve one intriguing mystery. I literally found myself hanging on the edge of my seat as my pulse raced faster than I expected. Not to mention, I fell in love with most of the characters. But more than that, I cannot believe how much I enjoyed this book.

However, I yet state there are moments where I did not like the animals appearing human-like. Therefore, I still sense it confuses fact from fiction. True versus false. And virtual reality as opposed to real-time reality.

On the other hand, I rate Diary of a Snoopy Cat 4 out of 4 stars because it's a well-written story. The illustrations are as sprightly as the last. I continue to agree with the author's intent to promote loyal friendship, a loving family, and great teamwork. I also find this book to be perfect for readers' ages 8 to 12 years old and up as well as animal lovers.

Adding, if you're indeed a traditional holiday person, you'll really love the plot. Inca & Company takes you on an adventurous twelve days of Christmas like you won't believe.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ValBookReviews's review? Post a comment saying so!
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Italiansweety1982
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-italiansweety1982.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Italiansweety1982 »

I just read this one. I had never read the other ones in the series. I did enjoy it, it's humorous and unique, but there are a lot of characters to keep track of! That part was difficult. Definitely a book an adult and child can read together over several nights.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Italiansweety1982 wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 17:01 I just read this one. I had never read the other ones in the series. I did enjoy it, it's humorous and unique, but there are a lot of characters to keep track of! That part was difficult. Definitely a book an adult and child can read together over several nights.
Thank you, Italiansweety for stopping by! I appreciate your candor regarding my review. Yup, there are more than enough characters to keep track of. But a good read for all ages, nonetheless.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”