Review by Jennifer20 -- Illustrated Short Fiction of Wil...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jennifer20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer20.html
Latest Review: Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly by Raed Anis Aljishi

Review by Jennifer20 -- Illustrated Short Fiction of Wil...

Post by Jennifer20 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles 2000-2016 by William H. Coles is a collection of short stories of differing lengths, two graphic novels, and one novella. They display the concept of humanity and how individuals comprehend and respond to the situation in different ways. These stories are fascinating and heartwarming giving one a positive feeling in life overall. There is a total of 34 stories and all of them have their own personalities with their own faults and views of the world. The two graphic novels are based on “Homunculus” and “Reddog”.

Each of stories is thoroughly planned out scenarios that are fascinating to read. Each about one of a kind characters facing off different problems in challenging environments. The topics cover racism, death, and divorce that come from everyday life. The two graphic novels are carried out to the point one can observe the scene it portrays. A problem was that it was confusing when they were conveying their inner thoughts. The novella is written to a great plot about struggles of two women and not a drawn-out event.

Coles succeeded in diverse and character studies within a range of factors like felons, clergy, or physicians. He usually covers an understanding of loss whether by death, abandonment by family, or spouses. I could just feel every emotion as if I was in that position instead of the individuals. At each of the beginnings is an illustration that presents a visual example of what is occurring. I examined them hoping to predict what is to take place as I continued to read on.

I have no objections about this book as they made me want to read on. Even still, when I did not like some stories, it was still a joy to read. I have enjoyed reading this because it offered views points that I have thought about before and something I will probably not go through. These situations may not happen to Coles, yet it feels like he has been through each of these stories.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book looked to be edited with no incorrect sentences or spelling errors that I noticed. I recommend this book to people who want to see other people views in life as it seems to be arrayed with modern times in mind. I do not recommend young readers because there are some suggested parts and violence.

Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Jennifer20's review? Post a comment saying so!
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

The stories in this book were short, but it was enough for the author shows how good his writing talent is. I had a great time reading it. Beautiful review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”