Review by FictionLover -- If life stinks get your head o...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
FictionLover
Favorite Book: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictionlover.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Review by FictionLover -- If life stinks get your head o...

Post by FictionLover »

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mark Wdowiak has written a book in the in the vein of such authors as Napoleon Hill, Dale Carnegie, and Anthony Robbins. If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Out of Your But's, is an easy read and a perfect start for someone who has never read the classics of positive thinking literature. I found it a great refresher.

Like most of these popular gurus, Mr. Wdowiak focuses on the mindset of the reader and walks you step-by-step through his thought processes and his philosophy. This is the type of book that you do not want to rush through. It would behoove the reader to study this book with highlighter in hand. I read on a Kindle which has a highlighter built in, and I used it many, many times. I found there were many things that spoke to me personally, and I was grateful to have had the chance to review some personal and work situations with his lectures in mind.

Chapter by chapter, he goes over what it means to be responsible, confident and grounded. He makes a distinction between personal responsibility and false obligations to other people, which anyone, but especially those who have a problem saying ‘no’, would benefit from understanding. He makes the case that what you focus on, becomes your reality.

Mr. Wdowiak opens the book with Albert Einstein’s famous quote: “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them.” From his own wisdom, he adds many memorable sayings. One in particular, “You need to get inspired to do something, or you will expire having done nothing.”, made me smile.

Some chapters ask questions for you to ponder, which I appreciated because it helped me see what I needed to focus on. Overall, I found reading his book a positive experience.

There are a couple of things I felt Mr. Wdowiak could improve. For one, he wants you to initial your agreement at the end of every chapter, but I found this to be unnecessary. Because of the way he ends some chapters, there were times I wasn’t sure what I was agreeing to. Besides, there is no way to put your initials in an e-book. Also, I was surprised at the lack of actions steps, since this type of literature is replete with the power of positive affirmations, goal lists, and vision boards. There was none of that here. Through most of the book, I thought he was going to give a plan to follow, but he didn’t. At one point he says you should mentally prepare for your day as you lie in bed the night before. I tried that, and I found myself unable to fall asleep thinking about everything I had do the next morning. I don’t recommend that exercise, but I do recommend the book.

I highly recommend If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Out of Your But's. It was well written and well edited with only one or two errors that I noticed. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like FictionLover's review? Post a comment saying so!
"I love reading another reader’s list of favorites. Even when I find I do not share their tastes or predilections, I am provoked to compare, contrast, and contradict. It is a most healthy exercise, and one altogether fruitful." T.S. Eliot
JHuschle519
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhuschle519.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by JHuschle519 »

Thanks for yet another great review. After reading your thoughts on this book, I may have to pick up a copy of it. I happen to be one of those people that has trouble saying "no", so it sounds like I would benefit from it. I definitely won't be trying that exercise of planning my next day while going to sleep, though. I have trouble enough sleeping as it is :) .
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 975
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

This seems to be a thought-provoking book.

Thank you for the great review.
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

I think, e didn't give you a plan because you yourself have to find out your potential. This book is just an energy booster to your potentials. You perfectly did a review of this book, i like it.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”