Review by Berawr -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Berawr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-berawr.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Review by Berawr -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Berawr »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And Then I Met Margaret: Stories of Ordinary Gurus I’ve Met by Rob White is a nonfiction book about the author’s personal experience and transformation after meeting countless ordinary people or his life “gurus” during his journey in life.

The book draws from the author’s transformation from being a native small-town boy into a successful and big-time real estate developer and big city school teacher. The book contains twenty-one chapters and is described as a motivational memoir. The author shares a story about his self-enrichment journey and how it changed his life in every chapter.

Rob White aspired to attend college at the University of Massachusetts despite growing up in a small town where most of the high school immediately went to work after graduating. Eventually, he became a teacher and later on became a successful entrepreneur. In his early age, he had learned lessons in life and did a turn to make his wrongdoings right. He has met with people and has developed an ability to analyze situations and deduce lessons from it. He shares lessons he personally learned from his family, hometown, friends, colleagues, bosses, spiritual guides, and Margaret. Who is Margaret? Why is her name specifically written in the title? Find out in And Then I Met Margaret: Stories of Ordinary Gurus I’ve Met by Rob White.

The book is filled with inspiring stories and lessons in life that he personally learned throughout his life journey and how people he met affected it. He was able to share his wisdom with his students when he became a teacher. The book also had a lot of personal reflection on events that had happened to him and even shares the significance of these events into his life, thus making the book help other people reading it.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The author carefully wrote every detail of his life journey, it is well written and very entertaining. This book taught me that I can still be a better version of myself. The book offers a positive vibe to it. This book shows us that hardships are a normal part of our life and it's up to us whether we do something about it or just go with the flow of the current. Anyone who is struggling with their life should definitely read this as this will provide inspiration and teach us not to give up and to reinvent ourselves to be a better person.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Berawr's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”