Review by Aj_ram12 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aj_ram12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aj-ram12.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Aj_ram12 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Aj_ram12 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“Toni – The Superhero” was written by R.D. Base and illustrated by Debbie Hefke is a children’s tale designed with young children in mind. I would say the appropriate age group would be 2- 6 years old. The cover art shows a boy dressed in in superhero clothing with very normal everyday items. This sets the stage for a very charismatic child who loves to do normal chores, but can also be an extraordinary being.

Children would love this book as there are many pictures with color and the sentence structure is very brief. This helps when the child wants to enjoy going from one page to the next learning what Toni is up to next. This is also good for those children who like to closely examine each and every piece of the illustration.

This charismatic superhero is a high-energy kid who just happens to also go to school. It makes the superhero relatable to children and encourage doing as they are told, which counts as the ordinary as well as the extraordinary moments they can imagine in their ever -evolving young minds.

Toni is a very active kid who enjoys playtime, his animals, reading and coloring, all normal activities any child ages 2-6 would love to do themselves. He also serves as a good example to pursue physical activity; chores around the home and helping kids overcome picky-eating. He is a great example to young children. This makes him a great role model for children and some grown- ups alike.

I thought the illustrations done by Debbie Hefke were great, the colors and different races really spoke to me. She chose vibrant colors for the book and a wonderful and noticeable suit for our hero Toni. I love that kids do not see race and they should not see one standard child in any book she helped portray this wonderfully. I think parents should consider reading this to their child as it depicts great qualities that are for children. Clearly, the author R. D. Base loves writing for children and leaving a good message for all, child, parent or teacher would appreciate what she is trying to do here. To further engage young readers, she could use some more writing, as the superhero moves from page to page. With that being said, she is talented and it shows in the story. I give this book a 3 out of 4.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Aj_ram12's review? Post a comment saying so!
Nimat87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimat87.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Nimat87 »

I absolutely enjoyed reading and reviewing this book too. It teaches simple positive values using a character children love very much. Thank you for the review.
'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. '
-Will Durant, The Story of Philosophy (1926).
:eusa-think: :clap: :escribir:
alisonedgee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alisonedgee.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by alisonedgee »

lots of good things coming in for this, lovely to see, good review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”