Review by sanjus -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by sanjus -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Sanju Lali »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 2" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartache 2 by H. M. Irwing is a melodrama focusing on Anna who is among the protagonists. She gets bullies from the bad boys who belong to the antagonists named as the Prestons. They drug her without her knowledge and then rape her, which makes her feel depressed. Later to make herself strong she joins a military college in Australia. Having a feel of insecurity she tries to find someone to support her. Luckily there she finds Rafe who is among the protagonists. He belongs to the same Prestons with a tainted name as rapists, but differs from his brothers and father who have abusive attitudes towards women. She trusts him for her security and protection from another bully experience.

One can find Erotic and love scenes in every chapter and that is the spice of this book. Rafe’s up bringing is through a troubled childhood in which he loses his mother from his father’s abuse. Then his aunt Bella who is one of the protagonists takes care of him. Before Anna meets Rafe, she is close to his brother Matt. After she gets bullied, she changes her mind and distances herself from Matt.

The details of the intimacy scenes that this book portrays are like down to the earth because they have a natural feeling in them. I found that the author has maintained a reasonable limit in restricting the erotic scenes to just within one to two paragraphs. My feeling is that the characters are more fantastic than the ones in regular life, which gives a funny experience while reading this book. It reminds me of the lotus flower that grows and blossoms in the dirty water, but it remains clean. I find this in the character of Rafe.

I am sorry to hear that some bad people put the drugs into bodies several individuals without their knowledge and then sexual abuse some of those individuals. The society finds it very hard to weed out this menace even though all the laws and the punishments are in the place. This menace rears its ugly head from time to time at the different places. More advanced tracking may contain the drug trafficking to more extent. My feeling is that one should mind all this and be more cautious when mingling with the people whose background is not clear.

The easy flow of this book and the entertaining story was enough to keep me captivating, and I completed reading it in one go. I found the story plot was not so complicated and was easy to grasp which helped me to turn the pages quickly. Negligible grammatical and spelling errors helps to read at a fast pace, hence I give this book all 4 out of 4 stars.

Heartaches 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like sanjus's review? Post a comment saying so!
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

I like your analogy of the lotus flower. Thank you for your well-considered review.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

I am glad you enjoyed the book, mate. I probably wouldn't be able to stomach the explicit scenes though. Thank you for your review. :D
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

Even though I didn't much like Heartaches, your review does focus on the better things about the story. Love the lotus blossoming analogy. Thank you for your review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

JR Mercier wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 02:56 Even though I didn't much like Heartaches, your review does focus on the better things about the story. Love the lotus blossoming analogy. Thank you for your review.
I agree with JR Mercier; I did not really like Heartaches as well. However, thank you for your detailed review!
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

You bring out many of the strengths of the story, but this genre is not my cup of tea at all, I'm afraid.
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

This book genre isn't something I'd go for at the moment, especially as I'd like to avoid having my underage kids accidentally reading inappropriate materials. However, thank you for your review. It's interesting to note that the protagonist and I have at least two things in common: Australia and military training. Like you, I also wish that nobody has to go through the terrible and traumatic experiences she had;?if only we could all do our part in making our world a better place to live in for everyone.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

Espie wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 22:40 This book genre isn't something I'd go for at the moment, especially as I'd like to avoid having my underage kids accidentally reading inappropriate materials. However, thank you for your review. It's interesting to note that the protagonist and I have at least two things in common: Australia and military training. Like you, I also wish that nobody has to go through the terrible and traumatic experiences she had;?if only we could all do our part in making our world a better place to live in for everyone.
Thank you so much for commenting, Yes book may not be that comfortable to all
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

Ever_Reading wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 01:47 I am glad you enjoyed the book, mate. I probably wouldn't be able to stomach the explicit scenes though. Thank you for your review. :D
Thanks for you comment, yes this book may not be comfortable to everyone
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

Libs_Books wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 10:47 You bring out many of the strengths of the story, but this genre is not my cup of tea at all, I'm afraid.
Thanks for you comment, yes this book may not be comfortable to everyone just appreciation of authors effort
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

Helen_Combe wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 00:03 I like your analogy of the lotus flower. Thank you for your well-considered review.
Thanks for your comments
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

JR Mercier wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 02:56 Even though I didn't much like Heartaches, your review does focus on the better things about the story. Love the lotus blossoming analogy. Thank you for your review.
Thanks for you comment, yes this book may not be comfortable to everyone just appreciation of authors effort
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Post by Yoli García »

I agree that rape is a big problem in society. Even though I like the part that she joins the military in Australia to feel strong, this book is not for me. Thanks for the review.
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
zilipendwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zilipendwa.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by zilipendwa »

Although I have read this book, your review may send me back to reread it since you have clearly elaborated some fine details that may have missed. Thanks so much Sanjul for this review.
dgallois
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dgallois.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Faith by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by dgallois »

Nice review. I also reviewed this one and it is nice to see what other readers think about it.
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn ~ Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”