Review by EricaWilson -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EricaWilson
Favorite Book: Slated
Currently Reading: Seven Minutes in Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericawilson.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review by EricaWilson -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by EricaWilson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Death can creep up on people out of nowhere, whisking them away from their life in an instant. Oftentimes, wills are left unfinished and words are left unspoken. A company called VitalTech sets out to unmask the uncertainty of death. They create a watch that monitors the vital signs of its user. When the watch senses that the user’s health is deteriorating, it issues a final notice to warn them of their impending death. What VitalTech fails to consider is the lengths that people will go to when they know that they have nothing more to lose. Van Fleisher’s Final Notice poses the question of what people will do when they find out they have ten days to live and shows that people are much more unpredictable than they seem.

Much of the story follows Trudi and her husband Vince. They are intrigued by the fact that the NRA offers a discount to senior citizens such as themselves, but the idea of actually owning a gun terrifies them. It is only after a string of violent events resulting from final notices that they turn towards a gun for a feeling of safety and protection. Vince and Trudi are completely oblivious to how this one purchase will mold many of their actions in the future.

Final Notice is classified as a political thriller. It addresses many critical issues plaguing our society today, highlighting how the second amendment is being abused with a focus on the NRA and gun rights. Fleisher also calls attention to the way immigrants and the elderly are perceived in America.

This book is absolutely packed with action and suspense. Many new plot lines and characters are introduced as the story goes on, but they all tie together quite well at the end. With that said, the ending had me on the edge of my seat. I was shocked by many of the characters' actions and was left with many questions regarding their futures. However, I was pleased to find that all of my questions were answered in the epilogue.

I discovered quite a few spacing errors among the pages of this book, but this wasn’t enough to detract from my overall rating. I strongly believe that Van Fleisher’s Final Notice deserves 4 out of 4 stars. I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a thrilling read mixed with politics and a bit of science.

Final Notice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like EricaWilson's review? Post a comment saying so!
Singh Harpal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Singh Harpal »

I have not gone through the book. But reading your view about book it seems to be very interesting and it also indicates that author himself is worried about uncertainty about death. But death is imminent. If you are born you are definitely going to die.
thanks & regards
Harpal Singh

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”