Review by crediblereading2 -- Serendipity Mystery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Review by crediblereading2 -- Serendipity Mystery

Post by crediblereading2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Serendipity Mystery" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I was so delightfully arrested by the contents of the book entitled, Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi that I found myself smiling all the way to the end of the story. It is the seventh book of the Inca Cat Detective Series and is categorized under the Children’s Book genre. Although young children are its target audience, this book will similarly find favor among its adult readers. The cast of characters features Inca, the cat who is the queen of detectives and heads the detective agency, Inca and Company Detective Agency; her siblings, Cara, and Fromage with Charlotte, the hamster, clinging to his neck for dear life. Also added to the team are Mom, their human mother, her friend, Detective Solo and his dog Terrance who are a part of Inca’s detective team.

The plot of the story surrounds a sword that went missing from a museum in Sri Lanka, India, where Inca, and her family visit for a nine (9) days vacation. Solo who is assigned to solve the case of the missing sword, brings with him Terrance, his dog. As the case unfolds, Inca’s inquisitorial’s instincts start to activate. She and Terrance enthusiastically engage their animal team to join in the quest to solve the mystery of the missing sword. They are also assisted by their new friends, Rani the turtle, Meena the baby elephant, and her Mama Elephant.

This enchanting story is written in the first person from the perspective of the main protagonist Inca the meddlesome cat. She and her animal team all seem to possess keen sleuthing capabilities. They are all poised and confident, and always willing to perform any task given to them. Inca, however, always wants to be the center of attention and will do anything to show her team that she is in charge.

I love the way that Author Kristi has developed the story to keep the animal detectives’ role in solving the cases, shrouded in mystery. This will add more intrigue to other upcoming series, although it detracts from them being given their well-deserved credit. The principles that are in this book will promote honesty and other good moral values in individuals, especially children who are impressionable and need a good role model to emulate. Author Kristi has indeed equipped the animals with enviable human qualities, such as their keen analytic perception that can be patterned, even by human beings.

The prose is vibrant, energetic, and conjures-up captivating and picturesque images to the minds of the readers. This is supported by beautifully created illustrated drawings that depict Inca, her family, and friends caught in action. I have observed that the moods in the entire book are teamwork and happiness that can easily be seen by how the animals and humans interact with love and respect toward each other, even while performing their duties. The message lucidly conveyed by Author Kristi to her audience is that it never pays to be dishonest because you will be brought to justice in the end.

My only issue with this book is that Author Kristi has chosen to use some big words and acronyms that may detract from a child reading this book for pure enjoyment. For example, she mentioned the acronym U.N.E.S.C.O., without explaining that it means the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. I understand that she may be seeking to develop a child’s ability to master the English vocabulary but unfortunately, this method may cause some type of distraction from the fun and adventure settings provided in this book. I have noticed only sparse errors that are not relevant to mention, therefore, I will, unhesitatingly, confer a 4 out of 4 stars rating on this book.

I highly recommend this book to persons who are interested in detective work as they will be provided with common-sense investigative approaches to solving crimes. Also, this book is so packed with fun, adventure and humor that it will be therapeutic to both children and adult alike.

Serendipity Mystery
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like crediblereading2's review? Post a comment saying so!
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

This seems like an informative yet engaging read for children! Thank you for the detailed review!
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Great review! United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization sounds like a bit of a mouthful for small children. She would have done better to invent an organisation with a shorter name.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

nice review and helped me to know that this book could be interesting to read for adults as well thought it was targeted for children, the story also sounds interesting
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

I thought the author has some big words in there to. Over though, an excellent book. Great review.
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-al-chakauya.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Al Chakauya »

A splendid review. It's a cute little book which is easy to read. I however awarded the book 3 out of 4 stars because of the small illustrations.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

I bet the book was great. I had the pleasure of reviewing the first one. I couldn't review this one because I don't have a Kindle. She adds great pictures and I love the characters. Good review!
:techie-studyingbrown:
jessinikkip
Currently Reading: Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessinikkip.html
Latest Review: Misery Loves Company by Paul Marino
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jessinikkip »

I have had the pleasure of reading one of the books in this series and enjoyed it. I'm glad to see the series keeps it up. Wish it would explain what the acronyms mean. Thanks for the review!
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

A humorous blend of fiction, mystery and fun is the recipe for this read. It is set for children but adults can equally enjoy it. The interesting thing is that the characters include humans, cats, dogs, turtles, and other animals. That makes for quite interesting creativity. Thank you for this review.
Telo_2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-telo-2018.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Telo_2018 »

This is such a detailed review. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

I hope there was a lot of humour in this book. I would also love to read it.
Onyinye Excel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinye-excel.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Onyinye Excel »

A cat heading a detective agency is very funny.I hope I don't laugh too much while reading this book.
mahica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahica.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by mahica »

I already read this book and I couldn't agree more with your excellent review!
Mai Tran
Currently Reading: What's Your Favorite Color?
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mai-tran.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Mai Tran »

This book sounds like an exciting read! Thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”