Review by anwidmer -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
anwidmer
Favorite Book: The knowing
Currently Reading: The Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anwidmer.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Review by anwidmer -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by anwidmer »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ravens peak is a fast-paced thriller involving two young souls whom operate in two very different worlds. Abigail who is a hunter in an organization that protects the world from certain evils, and Haatim who is just a young kid fresh out of college. His only worry in the world is his father’s disapproval in any way. That is until the day the twos worlds collide sending Haatim into the darkness of the supernatural.

Abigale having lost her mentor, and only trusted friend in he world, is on a mission to find and save him when she meets Haatim. She has been given orders to head to a small town in the middle of nowhere. It is here where she must find answers to questions that are unknown. Haatim is in a world of trouble when Abigail initially males contact with him and she is left no choice but to bring him along on this next mission. What ensues is a thrilling and suspenseful story. It will leave you guessing and actually questioning the very foundation you stand on.

Lincolns writing style is fluid and easy to follow while having depth beyond that of your average writer. He has a way of writing that makes you feel that what transpires could very well be plausible in some realm of possibility. In this first book of a three part series, he sets the stage for a riveting tale. Bound to leave you no choice but to continue on reading to the very end of the trilogy.

I found myself connected on an emotional level with Haatim. The crumbling of his belief system after the death of his sister years ago is extremely relatable (Don’t worry not a spoiler). I believe I wont be the only reader to feel that way. I mean have we not all faced questions in our faith at some point in our lives? I also felt connected to Abigail in a way that gave me a sense of admiration. Not only for the heroin that she is but for her unwavering sense of faith and the restoration she is able to bring to Haatim's. All this under what can only be described as unbelievably trying times.

I would rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars as I found little to no errors and was riveted to the plot line the entire time. I have no doubt that anyone who reads this book will go on to finish the entire series. A job well done.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like anwidmer's review? Post a comment saying so!
anwidmer

Post by anwidmer »

Cant wait to read the nexr book in the series! Think ill be starting it now as im finally in between books to review =)
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

The depth of character the author writes sounds wonderful. Will be checking this out. Awesome review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
anwidmer

Post by anwidmer »

JR Mercier wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 08:35 The depth of character the author writes sounds wonderful. Will be checking this out. Awesome review.
Yes i was pleasantly surprised took me less than two days to finish, and thank you im glad you enjoyed it =)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”