Review by liftedbooks -- Boom! A Revolting Situation

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
liftedbooks
Currently Reading: The Ansgar Treasury
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liftedbooks.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Review by liftedbooks -- Boom! A Revolting Situation

Post by liftedbooks »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Boom! A Revolting Situation" by Thomas Richard Harry.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Boom! A Revolting Situation is an intense, enlightening examination of American Democracy. Author, Thomas Richard Harry, explains the crucial recorded (and on-going) rivalry in the American government and recognizes what may well be the political goal of Independents. He expounds on the “failure of ideological politics and the disappointment of ideological government”. Harry additionally proposes an arrangement for positive change in the United States government and illustrates how that change can come to fruition. The first few chapters consist of history, an overview of the current government and provides readers with definitions of unfamiliar political jargon.

This book aims to answer the question: How can the Unites States govern better? It argues that political Independents require additional selections during election time. The author contends for American voters to be militant by voting in favour of Independent hopefuls, suggesting that government officials are influenced by rich campaign federations who pay voters to vote for them.

Although the author’s viewpoint is subjective on what does and does not work, the book presents a thorough examination of the historical backdrop legislative issues in America. Furthermore, for each claim that Harry makes, he is certain to back it up with actualities, measurements and chronicled evidence. His insight into government, policies and history is reminiscent of one the nation's most punctual Revolutionaries, Alexander Hamilton.

While the book is superbly developed, and the writer effectively argues his point, some readers might find the author’s tone obnoxious. At one point he claims that Americans are only presented with two (real) options during an election for the presidency, forcing them to concede to the “least-worst political option, when going to the polls.” Nonetheless, the book gives readers plenty to contemplate.

The information presented clearly indicates that the book is well researched, yet it is not boring to read. Readers will doubtlessly receive a fresh perspective and receive enlightenment on what they have perceived as unchangeable facts. Moreover, this book is prominent for reconnecting the reader with the power of positive political reasoning.

The book is engaging, unaffected and appealing. The author organized the content in as easy-flowing, logical and methodical manner; it provides for an easy and pleasurable reading experience.

I might not agree with all the statements presented in this book, but that does not affect my rating for this book. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it to anyone interested in politics. This is also a must read for all Americans who desire a change in their government.

Boom! A Revolting Situation
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like liftedbooks's review? Post a comment saying so!
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Thank you for your comprehensive review; this seems like a fascinating read, especially if one is interested in American politics.
liftedbooks

Post by liftedbooks »

gen_g wrote: 18 Jun 2018, 21:38 Thank you for your comprehensive review; this seems like a fascinating read, especially if one is interested in American politics.
Thank you for reading my review. Appreciate the comment.
alisonedgee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alisonedgee.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by alisonedgee »

good review, sounds really interesting, i imagine it would be quite enlightening for someone, such as myself, not american, but usually has an eye on the big american political headlines.
liftedbooks

Post by liftedbooks »

alisonedgee wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 11:08 good review, sounds really interesting, i imagine it would be quite enlightening for someone, such as myself, not american, but usually has an eye on the big american political headlines.
Most definitely! I'm more of a history fan myself and I really enjoyed how the author connected the past to the present.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Thanks for the thorough review. It's a big plus that the book is well researched but not boring.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
liftedbooks

Post by liftedbooks »

Cotwani wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 15:01 Thanks for the thorough review. It's a big plus that the book is well researched but not boring.
Absolutely! This is one thing that I appreciated most about this. book. Thank you for reading my review and for the reply.
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

I've always been fascinated with American politics, especially the last couple of years. This sounds like a great read. Really thorough review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
liftedbooks

Post by liftedbooks »

JR Mercier wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 13:11 I've always been fascinated with American politics, especially the last couple of years. This sounds like a great read. Really thorough review.
It is definitely a great read, and will help fuel your fascination. Politics is not really my thing, however the author made me care more about not only America but my own country's situation.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”