Review by elivia05 -- The Different Kinds Of Monsters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Re: Review by elivia05 -- The Different Kinds Of Monsters

Post by Mercelle »

A book that dissects the human psyche is one I'm interested in reading. Although the review cautions that the content gravitates towards the dark side, I like that the author highlights the plight of prehistoric creatures.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

Thanks for the great review. Sci-fi isn't my normal genre but this one sounds very interesting. Dinosaurs being still around is a crazy thought especially them following around a certain family.
primeRex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-primerex.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by primeRex »

I definitely know the feeling of being chased by a Rottweiler for 1 minute, but dinosaur chasing, for years, that sounds profusely intense! Sometimes, we feel burdened by life's woes as though chased by the monster s of a sci-fi story. This is absolutely sure to appeal to any regular reader.
redrose+77
Currently Reading: A Little Lost A Little Found
Bookshelf Size: 90

Post by redrose+77 »

Well, nice review...i think it's worth reading....i imagined what dinasaurs as a monster look like and the scary details in the book.... curiously, i like to find out.. good review ..excellent job by the author..seth chamber.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

I also don't gravitate toward science fiction novels. This premise is certainly interesting as it follows the relationship between dinosaur and human. I'm not convinced this is the book for me but appreciate the author's passion to deliver this unique piece to his readers.
ccrews0408
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccrews0408.html
Latest Review: From Hill Town to Strieby by Margo Lee Williams

Post by ccrews0408 »

Great review!! Though this story sounds very exciting, I'm not a huge fan of reading books about dinosaurs.
ccrews0408
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccrews0408.html
Latest Review: From Hill Town to Strieby by Margo Lee Williams

Post by ccrews0408 »

Great review!! Though this story sounds very exciting, I'm not a huge fan of reading books about dinosaurs.
Graceshete93
Currently Reading: Wilder
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Graceshete93 »

I enjoyed reading the book. It's so adventurous and so entertaining. I must say the characters are loveable. It's a nice book.
Jacki Mac Iver Hill
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: the irrational mind
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacki-mac-iver-hill.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Jacki Mac Iver Hill »

Much as I loved "Jurassic Park", I'm not a big fan of dinosaurs and even less so of science-fiction and fantasy genres. I was certain after reading the Amazon description I wouldn't be reading this book. But your review has made me rethink my decision.
I especially liked your account of the chapters. I often get interrupted and have to put my book down, so I love the idea of short chapters.
Thank you for your review!
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't...
You're right!”
:doh:
- Henry Ford

No amount of guilt can change the past.
No amount of anxiety can change the future.
:indubitablysmile:
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I wonder what was so hard to read? I'm glad that you enjoyed this read. This read seem explicit and dinosaurs after people that's not new. I haven't read or watched Jurassic park so I think I will pass this read. Thank you for your review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Crainbow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crainbow.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Crainbow »

Based on my read of the book's sample, I would say this review is well written in that it properly captures the theme of the book. At first, the time transitions were not as easy to follow perhaps because I'm not intrigued by the sci-fi genre in
general but as the review says the author's knack for describing the prehistoric phase and the rest of the story makes it easier so readers can flow as the book progresses. Still, I don't think this review makes me want to read the book.
PS: There's a gram error in the beginning of the first paragraph...it's "a novel" not "an novel". Consider correcting that.
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

I’ve never read a science fiction novel about dinosaurs, and my curiosity is definitely piqued. Emily seems like such an unassuming name for a monster said to be plaguing the Armitage family. Due to the difficult topics mentioned, I’m not sure if this book is for me, so I may have to read a bit further and find out.
Karencantley1
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karencantley1.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Post by Karencantley1 »

I’m not sure I understand the storyline, what with dinosaurs and other “monsters”. I thought it sounded more like a kids book until reading the “adults only” recommendation. Will give the sample a read to get a better idea.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Volunteer Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers'. has a great beginning! It is a positive one and encourages the spirit of a writer!
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Thanks for the review and the heads up on adult content and dark topics. This book is not for me so I will not be reading this novel.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”