Review by Nimat87 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nimat87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimat87.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by Nimat87 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Nimat87 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Children are deeply influenced by stories of superheroes and would often try to copy 'superpowers' portrayed by them. Toni is a superhero with a twist; he loves to play, read, draw and help out with chores around the house. These are a few of his 'superpowers'.

Toni the Superherois a fun illustration book written for young children from 0 to 4 years old. In this book, we are transported into Toni's world of transforming everyday activities into extraordinary feats, which he enjoys so much that he never loses his wide smile from the first page to the last page. The first page introduces Toni wearing ordinary clothes, but he assumes a superhero status as he begins to perform simple activities. On each page, Toni performs an activity that is both good for him and for others; he plays with his friends, helps to sweep the floor, eats his fruits and vegetables, and sleeps when it is bedtime. With the coming of technology and other distractions, It's hard to see children playing together outside nowadays, so I liked the fact that Toni was usually outdoors with his friends during many of these activities.

I was particularly impressed by the illustrations in Toni the Superhero. They are large, colorful and well-drawn. Each picture occupies a whole page, with a very short sentence describing it. The sentences are also simple to understand. Young children can easily comprehend the individual words, which are usually repeated in different parts of the book for maximum retention.

I think this is an excellent book for the reinforcement of simple, yet important, values like friendship, selflessness, and healthy habits. It teaches children that doing ordinary things can transform them into extrordinary superheroes.

One minor error I noticed was that a part of the picture depicting Toni rescuing animals was mixed up with the page illustrating Toni reading. I hope this can be easily corrected as it may be confusing for a young reader. Other than that, I absolutely loved every bit of the book.

Since this is a book teaching children to read and make correct sentences, I'm pleased to say that Toni the Superhero is devoid of grammatical errors. It was also eye-catching and interesting to read. Therefore I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to parents who have young children and want to instill the love for reading in them from a young age.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Nimat87's review? Post a comment saying so!
'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. '
-Will Durant, The Story of Philosophy (1926).
:eusa-think: :clap: :escribir:
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Thanks for the detailed review! It is indeed great when a children's book has no grammatical errors.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

An error-free illustration book which teaches children that doing ordinary things can transform them into extrordinary superheroes is helpful to the parents with kids and the nursery teachers. This may not be the usual genre I like, but I will recommend this to my sister who has little cuties. Thanks for the detailed review.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Illustration of this book are absolutely fine. And it will serve as an entertainment and learning tool. Thanks for your thorough review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

I like the fact that children are taught this early to look at playing, reading, drawing and help out with chores around the house as 'superpowers'. Sounds an exciting adventure for them.
There is more treasure in books than in all the piratesโ€™ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Nimat87
Currently Reading:

Post by Nimat87 »

gen_g wrote: โ†‘15 Jun 2018, 03:28 Thanks for the detailed review! It is indeed great when a children's book has no grammatical errors.
Yes, it is. Thank you for taking time to comment.
Nimat87
Currently Reading:

Post by Nimat87 »

Dolor wrote: โ†‘15 Jun 2018, 21:25 An error-free illustration book which teaches children that doing ordinary things can transform them into extrordinary superheroes is helpful to the parents with kids and the nursery teachers. This may not be the usual genre I like, but I will recommend this to my sister who has little cuties. Thanks for the detailed review.
You should definitely do that. Thanks for the comment.
Nimat87
Currently Reading:

Post by Nimat87 »

Sarah Tariq wrote: โ†‘16 Jun 2018, 01:31 Illustration of this book are absolutely fine. And it will serve as an entertainment and learning tool. Thanks for your thorough review.
The illustrations are one of my favourite aspects of the book, and it certainly does inspire learning in a fun manner. Thanks for commenting.
Nimat87
Currently Reading:

Post by Nimat87 »

Cotwani wrote: โ†‘16 Jun 2018, 09:44 I like the fact that children are taught this early to look at playing, reading, drawing and help out with chores around the house as 'superpowers'. Sounds an exciting adventure for them.
Absolutely! This is another aspect of the book I really appreciated; teaching children simple positive values using a popularly admired character (a superhero). Thanks for your comment.
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Great review. I loved the book too. As you say, itโ€™s full of activities required for a healthy lifestyle.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

This sounds so cute! And I love that his 'superpowers' are so selfless and something little kids can do. Such a good idea. Thank you for the review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
Nimat87
Currently Reading:

Post by Nimat87 »

Helen_Combe wrote: โ†‘18 Jun 2018, 02:10 Great review. I loved the book too. As you say, itโ€™s full of activities required for a healthy lifestyle.
Thanks for your kind comment!
Nimat87
Currently Reading:

Post by Nimat87 »

JR Mercier wrote: โ†‘18 Jun 2018, 07:16 This sounds so cute! And I love that his 'superpowers' are so selfless and something little kids can do. Such a good idea. Thank you for the review.
Definitely a great idea! Thanks for taking time to read and comment.
meadhbh
Currently Reading: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meadhbh.html
Latest Review: The Last Rite by Chad Morgan

Post by meadhbh »

I really enjoyed this book as well! A very cute and fun way to get kids interested in reading, while also teaching them a valuable lesson. I think it probably works better in printed form, rather than ebook.
Nimat87
Currently Reading:

Post by Nimat87 »

meadhbh wrote: โ†‘21 Jun 2018, 22:15 I really enjoyed this book as well! A very cute and fun way to get kids interested in reading, while also teaching them a valuable lesson. I think it probably works better in printed form, rather than ebook.
That's a good observation. Thanks for commenting.

Return to โ€œVolunteer Reviewsโ€