Review by Ada4nathan -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
SereneCharles
2018 Reading Goal: 60
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serenecharles.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Review by Ada4nathan -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by SereneCharles » 13 Jun 2018, 04:27

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 3" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Following their experience as rape victims, Rafael Luis Brown (Rafe) and Anna Simmons continue their groundwork reprisal from where they left off at Heartaches 2- Bad Boy Vibes. They’ve both been sexually violated by the Prestons (Anna) and Eric Dayton (Rafe). In this last series, previously loathed enemies team up with Anna and Rafe to get even at their homogenous enemies. But only fate will determine if they’ll succeed with their scheme, or whether there will be loopholes in their plan that will turn out deadly to them. This is their battle to win, and they are not backing out no matter what.

H. M. Irwing, the author of Heartaches 3- Bad Boy Vibes, made this series more of a thriller than a romance. I followed his speed with great ease and was not disappointed with the outcome. Unlike Heartaches 2- Bad Boy Vibes that was full of unnecessary romance and sexual pleasure, Irwing tightened the plot of the last series of this book to get his readers drooling for more. He had me continuously shifting in my seat uncomfortably, though enthusiastically, impatient to find out what happened next. The diversion from Rafe's nightmares to Anna's gave the story a new twist. The author pointed out just how emotionally damaged and affected she was like him. The characters played out their roles excellently, and that got me very engrossed. The focus on the cast’ eye colour was not as glaring as it was in the second series, and I valued that.

There aren’t much to dislike about Heartaches 3- Bad Boy Vibes. I only found that the author included some details that were not so important to the story. As an instance, the too elaborate description of a place or a situation. This could make a storyline mind-numbing and laborious to follow. There were still sex scenes I found distasteful, but they were not easily tossed about in the story. The characters are fewer in this series, so their stories were easy to follow. The major comeback of a main character in the first series had me gawping. It was a significant development for me.

I’d be happy to recommend this book to lovers of mystery, thriller, and romance, especially to those who like the genres mixed up. It is a book for developed minds and as such, best for people 18 years and above.

I give Heartaches 3- Bad Boy Vibes a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. The irrelevant details included in the book made it lose a star.

Heartaches 3
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ada4nathan's review? Post a comment saying so!
Writing is so much fun. So is reading. :techie-studyingbrown:

JR Mercier
2018 Reading Goal: 0
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: A World Diverse by David Edmond

Post by JR Mercier » 21 Jun 2018, 08:25

I noticed that with the first book in the series. The elaborate writing makes it a mission to read. While this series isn't for me, I'm happy to see the author focusing more on the plot than the sex. Great review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor

SereneCharles
2018 Reading Goal: 60
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serenecharles.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by SereneCharles » 21 Jun 2018, 08:29

Thank you. You are very right with your observation.
Writing is so much fun. So is reading. :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”