Review by Mahaleigh13 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mahaleigh13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahaleigh13.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Mahaleigh13 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Mahaleigh13 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As a mother of a young boy about to turn two years old I was very excited to read Toni The Superhero, and so was the little guy. Going into this book I knew that it would be very repetitive, but was the author’s intention going o be accomplished? When I had read this book multiple times over I realized the author is creating a fun first novel to introduce a character that entices the kiddos to read on their own.

Even with the repetitive nature of the book I give the book a 4 out of 4 stars. The author accomplished exactly what she set out to do with an introductory novel. You really get to know Toni as a normal kid doing the every day things that the children reading this adventures will also do. Along with the activities Toni goes through in this first book, the illustrations are amazing!

The colors the illustrator uses are very bright and inviting. These vibrant colors pair perfectly with the short easy to read sentences on each page. Toni is depicted as a normal kid and a superhero making the entire book extremely relatable for the young readers and parents.The author not only shows Toni doing fun things, but also being helpful and responsible. As previously stated the repetitiveness is for a reason, but it also could be annoying for the parents when having to read this book on a regular basis.

As I read this book to my son, to make sure it hard the desired effect, he began to repeat “Toni” every sentence. With that being said, I was extra excited that the author’s purpose was clearly accomplished. As I came to the end of this book I wished there was more content. But after scrolling a few more pages I found that the author has futures books in the works already. I know that my son and I will be patiently waiting for them.

Overall this was a great children’s book with a stellar main character, supreme illustrations, effective repetition and a effortless intrigue. The future books have me waiting on edge to satisfy my Toni The Superhero need. I can tell that children will be drawn to this and the coming books. They are totally relatable and make learning to read even more fun that the readers thought it would be. Toni’s adventures will be a great tool to draw in young reader and entertain parents; two birds, one stone!

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Mahaleigh13's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”