Review by Bukari -- Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Bukari
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 25
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor: Vampires by RK Wheeler

Review by Bukari -- Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by Bukari » 12 Jun 2018, 04:47

[Following is a volunteer review of "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Guardian of Deceit is a story written by William H. Coles. The author has written many books that are in the genre of other fiction. The book consists of about 302 standard pages and is in the genre of other fiction. Darwin Hastings is an orphan, and he is seventeen years of age. He is sent from Pittsburgh to New York to a new guardian, a famous, and a very wealthy footballer. Darwin’s new guardian is wicked; he also denies Darwin of his inheritance and forcing him to live in hard conditions in life. His new family members in the mansion are a mystery to him; each member has a behavior that affects Darwin negatively.

Darwin wants to regain the love he knew with his parents, and he also wants to become a doctor in future like his late father. Darwin establishes a good friendship with a surgeon who lives near his guardian's mansion. The surgeon has two daughters, but life does go unwell in the family. The young teenager is introduced by his new guardian to different kinds of people, especially the deviants in life. The struggle in life is clear as Darwin begins his journey to success to become a professional doctor or a medical officer.

The author has a nice style of writing his books especially stories that fall into the category of other fiction. When I first started reading and reviewing novels, it was (McDowell) written by the same author that I reviewed initially. His book was very interesting to me as I followed the story without stopping. So, this story is indifferent, this book is also properly fixed, the characters and chapters are all in order. The struggles that Darwin passed through will definitely pave a way for him to fulfill his dream of becoming a doctor. Well, he is the teenager that will grow up to face many challenges in life. So, I think the hardships he was going through were necessary to prepare him for the future.

Luther is a character in the story taking care of Darwin, but the way he treated Darwin was improper. The training he gave to Darwin could lead him wayward to join crooks, gangsters, and the other deviants in life. Living a deviant life could end his long-awaited dream of becoming a medical officer. His guardian did not care about how his moral life was, but his concern was lust and the desire to make money and to gain more fame. In life, most people value fame and wealth more than morality and a decent life. They attend parties always and live luxurious lives, but when you assess their family backgrounds you will only get little love and affection. Why does this happen? As for me, I think because they disregard the moral standards in the society and follow their selfish desires.

I, therefore, rate this story 4 out of 4 stars. This story would be interesting to teenagers and orphans who like to better survive no matter the challenges that might come in their ways. The story is well structured for easy understanding and it also connects to many circumstances in humanity. I found no grammatical or typographical errors in the book. This novel, in one way or the other, would be psychologically causing trauma to people still going through child abuse.

Guardian of Deceit
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Bukari's review? Post a comment saying so!
Yes, I have a dream! A dream that I will never give up.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”