Review by Traci24 -- If life stinks get your head outta ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Traci24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-traci24.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Review by Traci24 -- If life stinks get your head outta ...

Post by Traci24 » 11 Jun 2018, 15:47

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But’s: A No-Nonsense Guide to Happiness and Success by Mark L Wdowiak is a self-help book that gets down and dirty. Mark points out the common denominator in a person’s problems…. themselves. He uses his own life experiences, quotes from other self-help gurus, and a lot of relevant clichés. As the title so blatantly points out, the stink can come from more than one type of “but”.

The book is set up with a very long introduction and then gets broken down into three areas. This works well for walking the reader through getting their happiness and wanted success. When Mark moves on to the “how to” part of the book he breaks it down into three (3) areas, as previously stated. First one must Crawl, then Walk, and finally he/she can then run.

I enjoyed these three parts of If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But’s. After reading the long introduction where I almost dozed, the crawling section brought me back into the book. The other sections, Walking and Running were summed up nicely, as well. When crawling a person must realize that there is a problem and then be willing, able and committed to fixing it. If not, as Mark points out, said person will be on a perpetual loop of doing the same things over and over. There must be a breaking point for the person to say “hey, enough!”.

Of course, the next area Mark talks about in If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But’s is walking. This is where a person starts to put things into perspective to move on and fix what needs fixing. Happiness and Success are different for everyone. Therefore, the road to reaching a level of success that is wanted is different for each person. This book does a good job of pointing this sentiment out throughout.

The third and final section, Running, is where the reader can learn how to put everything together. Mark points out that its ok to slip if you can catch yourself and come back. No one is perfect and there is no good or bad. Do not let other people control how you think or act. It is up to you. Mark does a great job of reiterating this throughout his book.

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But’s is a good book for those looking to improve any area of their life and not afraid to be told “YOU are the common factor”. I rate it a 3 out of 4 stars. I love the in your face “it’s time to realize YOU are YOUR own problem”. Another thing I love is they way that Mark holds the reader to a certain amount of accountability by having them initial after every chapter. There were; however, a few grammatical errors and the first part, introduction, of the book went on forever. It was repetitive, which can be good for some, but I found it very distracting. Overall, this is a good read. Hope you enjoy it.

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Traci24's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”