Review by sanjus -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by sanjus -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Sanju Lali »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 3" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing is a romantic fantasy, and it has with several erotic scenes in it. The contents of this book agree with the picture on the cover page about erotic scenes and romance. This story focuses on the life experiences of protagonist Anna who had too much turmoil and pain that one can’t imagine. Her father gets killed, and later she gets raped by coming across the company of bad people. The story background is from life in Syria during the summer while this book mentions a little about the Syrian war and that too only about a line in few occasions.

The story goes on like a commercial movie with bad people fighting with good people. Anna’s character is soft-hearted and the entire book depicts about her pain and suffering, and moreover she keeps on blaming herself for consequences of her actions even though she did not do it purposely. She comes across Rafe a military soldier with posting at Syria and finds that her future is with him. Both later clash with the drug mafias who use drones to distribute the drugs and which gives them more turmoil. There are also two gay characters, Dam and Pat who have the attraction towards each and try to get married. They come across Anna and Rafe and help them and become friends.

I learnt that some countries forbid the gay marriage when some countries allow by the recent amendments of the laws. My opinion is that if two individuals who get attracted to each other and wanted to lead a life together, then society can allow them to do so, yet the older societies try to weed out the odd. I think adding such a kind of marriage instances in stories may increase social acceptance to it. It also worried me about the drones used for distribution of narcotics by the drug mafias and wondered that how they misuse the technology.

I liked the story fitting to a moral that being in company of bad people and helping them leads to fatal consequences and there shall be no peace in that person's life. My feeling is that the erotic scenes in this book are within the required level and blended with a kind of background described above. This makes it mixed spice and can give a good reading taste. I felt this book was entertaining and captivating and that’s why I completed reading in one go.

The book was easy to read for me and felt the author put more irony in language, which makes it still more fun to read. I liked the plot of this book and its writing style. I found few grammatical errors and spelling mistakes which did not hinder the fast pace of reading it. The plot of the story was also clear and easy to understand. Hence I give this book all the 4 out of 4 stars and recommend others to read.

Heartaches 3
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like sanjus's review? Post a comment saying so!
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Thank you for your comprehensive and balanced review of this book. There are many persons, like myself, who have mixed views on this topic.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I’m not a fan of steamy romance, but this sounds well-written.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Thank you for the detailed review! I am glad you enjoyed reading it.
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Thank you for your well-considered review. You’re right that discussing issues like gay marriage is the first step towards acceptance.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

crediblereading2 wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 14:25 Thank you for your comprehensive and balanced review of this book. There are many persons, like myself, who have mixed views on this topic.
Thanks for your comments and inputs
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

teacherjh wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 15:33 I’m not a fan of steamy romance, but this sounds well-written.
Thanks for commenting on review even though you are not fan of such genre
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

gen_g wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 21:53 Thank you for the detailed review! I am glad you enjoyed reading it.
Thanks for commenting on review and liked the authors piece of art and effort to bring life into it
Sanju Lali

Post by Sanju Lali »

Helen_Combe wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 00:07 Thank you for your well-considered review. You’re right that discussing issues like gay marriage is the first step towards acceptance.
Thanks for reading and valuable comments on the reviews
Sanyesto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanyesto.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Sanyesto »

Comprehensive review giving the story just the way it is. Good job.
zilipendwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zilipendwa.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by zilipendwa »

Thanks so much Sanjul for this review. I really liked how you shed light on emerging trends such as gay rights.
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

Thanks for your review! I am not into the erotic genre. This book sounds attractive and I am sure some people will enjoy it.
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

I don't read this genre so I will not touch this. However, I cannot deny that this was a very well-written review of the book. Cheers!
Ktwills79
Currently Reading: Mistress Bradstreet
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktwills79.html
Latest Review: The Elf Archive - Book Two of the Magi Charter by Jordan David
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Ktwills79 »

Thanks for the review--I'm wondering how this ties in with the first book though?
Corhan2
Favorite Book: Body of Evidence (Kay Scarpetta #2)
Currently Reading: Land of Painted Caves
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corhan2.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Corhan2 »

Thanks for the review. This sounds like an interesting read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”