Review by northgirl0222 -- The Ultimate Guide to Zombies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
northgirl0222
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-northgirl0222.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Guide to Zombies by Dave Robertson

Review by northgirl0222 -- The Ultimate Guide to Zombies

Post by northgirl0222 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Ultimate Guide to Zombies" by Dave Robertson.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Ultimate Guide to Zombies by Dave Robertson is perfect for any zombie fans, but if you aren't quite as into zombie history, you may want to skip this one. For that reason, I give this book 2 out of 4 stars. Robertson does a great job of detailing the history of zombies and their impacts on popular culture, and tips on how to keep safe during the zombie apocalypse.

Robertson's history of zombies is very detailed and interesting (if you are care about zombie culture) and introduced new facts that even this zombie enthusiast hadn't known before. You will be sucked in page after page, wanting to learn more about the zombie culture that Robertson so clearly enjoys. His enthusiasm clearly seeps through his writing when he becomes enthralled with an idea and goes down the rabbit hole of "what ifs?". What if zombies were real? What if the zombie apocalypse happened tomorrow? Would we all be prepared? Robertson's guide is here to help, if you aren't already prepared.

If you aren't as interested in zombie culture, I suggest skipping this book. The few movies Robertson uses for examples may become confusing and at times repetative, especially if you haven't seen the movies themselves. The overwhelming belief in zombies that Robertson tries to portray can become insistant and feel more like he's trying to convert your beliefs than offer a simple history on zombies. So, if you aren't already a zombie fan, or don't feel like becoming one anytime soon, look for a different book to gently ease yourself into the world of zombies.

However, if like me, you enjoy a good zombie movie and want to learn more about their history and uses in popular culture, then dive right in. Robertson offers many different thoughts on zombies, their uses in media, and for the really avid zombie fans, hints on how to best survive the zombie apocalypse. Don't get me wrong, Robertson isn't completely obsessed. He's, "all for more zombies" but knows, "some of these things just don't pass the test of reason". He is simply trying to showcase how zombies became so popular in our culture and give fans a guide to feed their zombie obsessions.

The Ultimate Guide to Zombies by Dave Robertson is quirky, fun, at times a little confusing, but overall interesting. Fans of zombies will be dying to finish the book and learn as much as they can about zombies. All it takes to devour this book is a little bit of brains, so borrow some from your latest victim and dig into the world of zombies.

The Ultimate Guide to Zombies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like northgirl0222's review? Post a comment saying so!
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

What a fun review! I'm not really a zombie fan myself. But it's good to know there are resources available for self-educating on all things zombie. Incidentally, if you do want to prepare for a possible zombie apocalypse, you should check out the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/phpr/zombie/index.htm

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”