Review by Athena Moon -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Athena Moon
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3217">The Lovely Bones</a>
Currently Reading: The Piketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena-moon.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
fav_author_id: 2451

Review by Athena Moon -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by Athena Moon »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White is a collection of true stories so valuable and profound, they might be the key to achieving your life goals. All the stories are of the same value: whether it is Maasai mother saying goodbye to the dearest in her life or the little girl who strikes the author with the simplest question a girl could ask - all of this leads to the great awakening. However, this book is nowhere close to being religious and that's exactly what I loved about it.

I can barely call it simply a book because it is an adventurous life story, an audacious race and every lesson derived from it. Rob goes on with his life daring to be who he truly wants to be and each time he's about to make a certain mistake, the "guru" appears and brings a lifetime lesson he can learn so much from and pass it onto others.

At times I would dislike him for being an arrogant fool due to the stupidity of his actions he takes and then it would all make sense in the end of the chapter. There isn't the slightest hint of preaching in his words. The stories flow naturally, as genuine as he would be telling in to his dear friend. I reached the point where I realized that without all the mistakes he had made there wouldn't be a good lesson to deliver to others. However I do believe each one of us makes mistakes and faces the issues but it is the interpretation of those that is most important and makes the difference.

Every chapter bears a very clear message. It seems that in any endeavour that involves pushing the boundaries of possibility, those who achieve the success at it's peak are the ones like Rob White: those who practise awareness and mindfulness of each moment and every hardship in their lives. Charged with lifetime experience and profound lessons, the book is radiating wisdom and optimistic approach to life. In his book, he proved that everyday people you meet in different settings of your life are the real "teachers", even if they are not aware of the fact per se.

For all the aforementioned reasons and my personal insights on the book I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. There were slight mistakes I had encountered while reading the book. For example repetition of words "I was I was" on page 125. I managed to enjoy the book thoroughly despite few imperfections. I will consider it a great teacher I have encountered and so I shall treat everyone I believe is valuable on my path of life.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Athena Moon's review? Post a comment saying so!
Teen Voguehub 1
Currently Reading: The Message?: A thinking thriller about change and choice
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teen-voguehub-1.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
2024 Reading Goal: 300
2024 Goal Completion: 2%

Post by Teen Voguehub 1 »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White. It sounds like a captivating read filled with valuable life lessons and genuine storytelling. Your enthusiasm for the book shines through, and your rating of 4 out of 4 stars speaks volumes. It's inspiring to hear how the author's journey resonated with you and how you plan to apply the lessons learned in your own life.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”